Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
koko

New Yellow Goldfish?

Never heard of them either I hope they arent a form of dyed goldfish.

Aren't these just normal yellow colored commons/comets??? I think I have seen pictures of yellow colored fish that belong to members here...No??..Actually saw 2 small ones like 2 inches at wal*mart last night...stunning yellow color...has been on my mind all night..but can't buy it...If I had 20 gallons of space..I would have bought one and named him Mango... :)

Oh I just saw this...Carolinedoodle's Yellow Goldfish

Edited by SunshineGurl

There is as least one breeder that has been working on a line of bright YELLOW commons, comets and shubies for several years - and just released the first sets of them to the general public this last summer. Some of the fish are truly striking in color - being a bright "royal" yellow.

Those may be some of the fish ..... it is hard to tell from the pictures. The pictures look photoshopped to me, though. I do not trust a questionable picture of a fish - Iw ant to see it swimming or I want to know the dealer..... JMO

Let e see if I can rustle up a few pics of some.........

Agree with Daryl that they look a bit 'touched up.'

Also, the names sound like paint colors! :P

Guest ResidentSteve

I have a bright lemon yellow goldfish, that my lady has named Sunny Jim. They're quite common round here. He's a common by the way - I'll see if I can't get a picture up.

I don't know, some of them look like regular comets with vibrant colours, but some look super fakey. I agree with needing to see actual pics of the fish to beleive such colours! And I too hope they are not dyed versions.

I would question the validity of those pics as well. Although one of my comets, Beavis, was a medium yellow when he was younger. He is the one in my sig

Never heard of those colours before. But if those are real colours (no photoshop), that would be amazing fish :painting:

To bad I've no extra space left. Unless I would steal my bf empty tank ;)

Ken from dandy orandas had several yellow commets on one of his auctions, not sure if they are chinese bred. I had a yellow ranchu several years ago.

Ken from dandy orandas had several yellow commets on one of his auctions, not sure if they are chinese bred. I had a yellow ranchu several years ago.

I recall Ken having those in his auction. He also had yellow and white ones as well. Not sure is they are the same fish Koko posted though.

Those fish look like faded orange goldfish that have indeed been touched up in Photoshop. It's very easy to do--adjust the brightness and saturation of a picture and you can have super neon colors pop like that, too.

I am wondering though if someone truly did want a yellow fish--it seems that you could feed a white (or lightly colored calico) a color enhancing food that contains a lot of carotene. It starts at first in the fins and belly but can indeed turn a fish yellow or yellow orange. That is the very reason that I in particular stay away from color enhancers--I want my calicoes to stay calico and my whites to stay white! ;)

I agree, I would want to see "real" pictures. Those pictures are just too ...... "cartoony"....... for me.

The thing that crosses my mind, and sort of seems..... ironic......, when it comes to talking about yellow goldfish, is that yellow would've been one of the most original colors, that being one step up from the wild green and before the domestic orange, so yellow should've been a standard color centuries ago, not some "new" breed.... odd, isn't it?!

If you look at those pictures from the goldfishconnection.com of previous auctions you will see several of those yellow commets. I agree with the others, those fish look a bit touched up. The ones from goldfishconnection.com (ken of dandy orandas) are not. Still very beautiful. Also if some of you still have the last dvd from ken, those yellow commets are on that dvd.

ooh! Now what I would LOVE to see is one of those bright lemon yellows...... in a matte! Like a canary! Now, that would be creamy yummy!

I wouldn't trust anyone that advertises their fish in a bowl :o

I wouldn't trust anyone that advertises their fish in a bowl :o

Me neither. The new line that I've seen out I've noticed that the gill plates are transparent in these yellow commons. They are very beautiful.

I have never heard of them meanwhile many of them look like a common goldfish to me, except a few but the photos are definitely been photoshoped. Fish 7 is quite interesting, would be amazing to see it in an actual video rather than an edited photo.

I have a yellow common. He is yellow all over, no white parts.

Here he is with Zorro, my shubie.

Picture1287.jpg

I got some from the ones sent to the Portland fish show. They are very nice fish. In the sun light they glow.

Here are mine in quarantine:

http://...................blogspot.com/2008/07...te-commons.html

I'll have all the yellows varieties available in the spring.

Best fishes

David

www....................com

Thread hijack!!!!!

David, your "Feed the Ranchu" thingy on your site is my new favourite thing in the world.

Hijack complete!!!!

I recall Ken having those in his auction. He also had yellow and white ones as well. Not sure is they are the same fish Koko posted though.

Tung Hoi has been coming up with different types of yellows. So far I have seen comets, lioneads, ranchu, and orandas.

These sunburst ones seem very different though. Metallic yellow accents on the scales. Don't let the Chinese get ahold of a breeding bair. ;)

There are yellows out of China and Isreal. The sunburst, Lemon yellows and Apricots are US stock from a breeder in the Midwest.

The benefit of these fish is they are all from very cold hardy stock.

Best Fishes

David

www....................com

Guest pipsxlch

I don't know if this would qualify as 'yellow'. I saw it at a lfs. Maybe it's just a phase, or an artifact of enviroment?

Sorry for my truly hideous photography.

100_2410.jpg

100_2412.jpg

Hard to tell in the pics, but this baby ryukin is a pale lemon yellow. It's noticeably yellow when you see it next to a white or red/white tankmate.