Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Black oranda

Canada :)

Guest Pollock

Hi GEF and Squeeker, I'm in Ottawa too. I've done comparison shopping for tanks at almost all the pet stores in the city, and Super Pet is definitly the cheepest. Big Al's usually has a better selection of gfs though.

hi everyone, i haven't posted here much in the forums but do read them everyday to see what else i can learn to keep my fish all happy and healthy. I am from Edmonton, Alberta and been born and raised here, i don't think i will ever leave. Love it too much and my family, well at least my immediate family is here. Couldn't leave them, we are too close, sometimes we have fights but that is expected. Everyone looks at me funny because when i put my fish to bed at night, i tell them "goodnight and see you tomorrow morning". :lol: but i love all animals. I have 2 cats and a dog, and hopefully soon i will get a bird. If i ever get my community tank cycled and running properly, lost 3 black phantom tetras within 3 weeks, :cry1

Nice meeting you all hope to talk soon in forums. :hi

:hi love goldfish

My Aunt and I visited Alberta a couple years ago. We went to the West Edmonton Mall, drove the Icefield Parkway, and all sorts of other great stuff: You have a beautiful province-- I couldn't get over how varied the landscape is: from the mountains to flat prairies to hoodoos/badlands to metropolitan centres, Alberta's pretty much got it covered. I would love to go back someday-- and I'm not surprised you wouldn't want to leave such a beautiful place. :)

Thanks Pollock for the tip: I think I passed by the Big Al's when we visited last weekend, but I didn't get a chance to have a look--it probably would have been too much of a temptation anyway!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

Edited by GEF

Ehhhhhhhhhhh, hows everyone doing. I'm from sask. in Regina. I know live in Alberta, Medicine Hat to be exact ;) It's hot here to hot. I've just started to build my igloo and it keeps on melting, that's ok ;) Alberta is such a nice place, it's the place where you get passed by cars like theres no tomorrow :)

(Random Thought)

I was watching tv the other, a show called "Oblivious" (anyone heard of it?) anyways you win money by answering questions correctly, however the catch is, you don't know you're playing! its a hidden camera game show..

ANYWAYS i'm watching this one episode they had the host pretending to be a foreigner trying to write his girlfriend an engagement sign. It was full of mistakes - "WILL U DU ME THE HONUR AND MERRY ME? SINCERLY,...." the lady they picked had to help him correct the sign...

the lady who was 'playing' had him spell HONUR as HONOUR... They didn't give her the money!!!! because its an American game... She was canadian and was complaining the whole time....

Wow, I don't believe hidden camera shows. They just say there's a hidden camera, to make you watch it. How do they get the people on TV, without their permission. That's just my opinion :) I do watch them, when there's nothing else on ;) Of course I do like to watch my fish too :lol:

Edited by CalicoFantail

Well they have to ask permission before they show it on tv.

which means they can tape you and then ask if they can use it. if someone says no, they have to scrap it.

Guest Pollock

I saw that episode. It wasn't fair. <_<

Never saw it. But have you heard of Superstar USA? It's horrrible, they look for people who are the worst singers and they have to beleive they are best. And they are so happy because they might win. here's what I would do if I had the most amazing voice, which I don't :lol: , and then I'd sing my worst and then at the end when I won and they asked me to sing a good song. I'd sing the best.. haha..but of course no one knows that they are being picked for worst. It's terrible.

Guest kpdogg

Time to bump this up :) I'm new here and thought I would let you all know where I'm from. Most of us locals call it Speedy Creek but on the map its Swift Current, Saskatchewan. We have 2 pet stores here but IMHO they suck so I have to travel or order on line to get anything at a good price.

I have a wal mart. Dont complain. lmao. But whoo Canada! Im from a Island on the east coast. You probably never heard of it, though its 2wice the size of PEI :blink:

ahahah Fishbert. We just had a nice storm here. The wind is like unbelievable, and drifts everywhere. AGAIN! All febuary was nice and warm and we were losing all the snow, we were down to about a foot, and then 2 feet more over the weekend. I hate winter!

Oh well, only 3 months to go guys!!!

We had hockey too but that's gone now.

Up next: X-treme Curling

Guest kpdogg

Meg we have a Wal Mart here also, forgot to count that in. I hear that Wally Mart is building a new store here so hopefully the pet section is alot bigger and better.

Guest Kameira
In Canada there are two seasons, Winter and Mosquitos  :rofl

Ay-hem. There are four seasons in Toronto. They're called Mosquito, Smoky, Winter and Assassin Bug.

:scared

Meg we have a Wal Mart here also, forgot to count that in. I hear that Wally Mart is building a new store here so hopefully the pet section is alot bigger and better.

Oh yeah that reminds me. WTF is with all these American companies tacking a maple leaf to their logo?! rant.gif

Theyre trying to be cool fishbert!!!!

As for here on the Cape, we have Almost Winter, Winter, Still Winter, and Bugs. Blackflies i personally fine worse then misqitoes, due to the fact you can here misqutoes when theyre near you. Plus i work with horses all the time so thats even more bugs. Hurrah.

Also, our spring starts on July 1, and then the fall ends August 1.

[Ay-hem. There are four seasons in Toronto. They're called Mosquito, Smoky, Winter and Assassin Bug.

:scared

Yes but contrary to popular belief there is more to Canada than just Toronto. :lol1

Guest calicogoldfish

Hi gals and guys. I am from Central Alberta, more so the Edmonton area. i just joined Koko's and am loving it. Lots of useful info and very friendly people here.

Guest Kameira
Yes but contrary to popular belief there is more to Canada than just Toronto. :lol1

Yes I know, but the rest of the country may or may not have assassin bugs. :P

Ever have one of these come suddenly fluttering through the window ready to bite?

assassin_bug1.jpg

I have.

Ah yes you must live near the nuclear plant in Pickering. I heard about things like that happening. Never saw one before though. :yikes

Guest Kameira

Pickwerling? Whazzat? This is a real bug! And it'd hurt if it stuck inta ya! :rofl