Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest horsemadmum

Yippeeeee! I Have Babies! :)

Guest horsemadmum

Yippee!! I went and had a look in my fish tank this morning and there was some odd looking things in there......LITTLE FISHIES!!!

I have spotted 6 so far with many many more fertilized eggs on the breeding mops.....I cant wait.. :newfish

They look so cool but soooooooooo tiny and fragile.....

Whoooooooooooooooohoooooooo. Its an exciting day!!! :Congrats:

Congrats!!! That sound really exciting : ) And I can tell you are really happy about it! Good luck with them..

:Congrats: ...yayyyy...babies..more fishies...can we see some pics please??.. :D

Guest horsemadmum

I will see if the pics will attach this time...I added them on to the first listing for this but they didnt stay attached......There are now 12 fry that I can see...... :D

P1010005-1.jpg

Lets see if this works....If not I will try something else..... ;)

Edited by horsemadmum

Guest horsemadmum

Ok that one worked heres the other pic......... :) and yes I have terminated that snail that is beside it.... :D

p1010001-1.jpg

Guest horsemadmum

Well at last count there is 18 fry, I think today I will remove the egg mops, The eggs were all laid on the same day and have been hatching for 3 days now. Surely they must all be done by now.......I will put the mops carefully and quickly back into the pond and see how I get on with these fry......They are a test lot I guess ( gosh that sounds horrible) but when we move to Canada soon I would like to breed some Orandas.....So I guess starting with my commons and comets is the best way to go.....and they are cute !!!!!! :lol1

Guest horsemadmum

Well all is well with the fry. I have lost one but seem to have found another 7 or 8.....They are just popping up....lol.... I have been feeding them a little hard boiled egg yolk mashed superfine with a tiny bit of seaweed meal and a little drop of cod liver oil. II have been feeding this 4 times a day. Then back in an hour to syphon up the left overs.

I have about 12 really active fry and the other are still hanging on the side of the tank. I did a wee bit of a water change today only 4 cups out of the tank and all was going well till the last cup when out of the blue in popped a fry... :D poor little thing wondered what the heck hit it!!!! :D but all was well I gently and ever so slowly released him back into the tank and off he swam like lightning.....Happy as larry!!!

Apart from that little incident all is going terrific..... :lol1 ...They seem happy and healthy....thats the main thing....

But they must get sick of this big face staring at them all the time....hehehehehe :D

Edited by horsemadmum

Awww...they look cute...you must be soooo exited...Congrats...and good job taking care of the lil ones...Good Luck..hope all of them survive and thnks for sharing the pics.they are adorable...wud love to se more pics as they grow...so exiting.. :D

yaeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee babies :heart:Congrats:

upload the mom n dad fish :painting:

Guest horsemadmum

I would love to know who that parents are but as these are from my pond I do not think I will ever know. We have over 120 fish in the ponds. This was from a day of spawning activities in the pond. The water looked like it was almost boiling with flashes of red, orange and white..

I have a combination of commons and comets and shubunkins. Unfortunatley my shubunkins never seem to have much black at all. They do however have the solid black eye of the shubunkin and some really cool markings with orange and white.

I did last season put out 3 large shubunkin fantails in the hope they would breen also but as they are slower than the other fish the kingfishers and herons must have got them as they were not there when I drained and cleaned the ponds 5 months later. I only give my ponds one full clean a year but they get regularly flushed with water. Once a week they get a 50% water change. There is plenty of plantlife in the pond for any fry to cling to should there be any. The hose is just gently runs into the ponds till they flow over for a good hour or 2.

I love it when the pond is just cleaned or I forget to turn the hoses off as the pond becomes super clean and clear!!!!! I can sit and watch the fish in the sun for hours. They are so graceful and beautiful. It is quite soothing. :rolleyes: ...

Anyway now I am babbling hehehehe!!!! :D ............ But im sure you all understand:D

OOOOOOOOH babies!! Keep us posted and get as many pics up as possible. I wanna see the lil ones = )

Guest horsemadmum

Well things have changed a little.....I still have over 20 fry, I actually ended up with over 30 but through cull and the normal natural deaths there are still quite a few.

They are growing slowly......I can see little differences in them....I cant believe the size differences though.

I know they were all from the same spawn as I only put the breed mops in for 1 day.

Anyways I have a couple of pics I took for you all to see.....

fishy14.jpg

fishy13.jpg

fishy9.jpg

They are getting bigger all the time..... :krazy:

I have just purchased some brine shrimp eggs and they are due to hatch sometime tonight...

So my babies will have live food instead of egg..... :D

You're a waaaaaaaay better mommy than me -- I wasn't willing to go through the drama of hatching live brine shrimp for mine.

I've tried to compensate by using frozen ones, and then making baby brine shrimp noises so the frylets think they're alive. ;)

Guest horsemadmum

Well i thought I would add some updated pics of the babies!!! These were taken today as I was cleaning out there messy bedroom...... :lol1 They are just sooooo cute.......I have found some newbies in the tank, they must have come in with the fresh water weed I added 2 weeks ago. They haven't been eaten by the others so I have just left them in there. I now have 29....lol... :rolleyes: ...My hubby was teasing me the other day and going on about baby names for them all. I havent named any of them.......................................yet! ;)

tinytots15.jpg

tinytots16.jpg

tinytots7-1.jpg

tinytots.jpg

tinytots10.jpg

Guest horsemadmum

Well the babies are all fit and healthy and eating enough to sick a battle ship...!!! they LOVE!! the brine shrimp.

and they really do look like real fish now hunting the shrimp...It is really cute.

They are super adorable!! Congrats! :)

Guest jake n bake

:alc :nana :alc :alc :nana:nana :alc :alc :alc :alc :nana:nana:nana:nana Lets celebrate yaaa

That is great that they are doing so well. They look adorable. Mine were bottomless pits for eating as well, lol. Seemed like that's all I got done.