Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
32flavors

Getting A New Fish Tonight!

So, I went in to my favorite lfs yesterday since the manager had told me to come by this week before he does the order and he can let me know what the breeder has. He called the breeder and the guy said he has no oranda right now so he just took my name down to be on the lookout for a fish for me. He called the breeder back and the guy said "no I don't really have any oranda right now, just a bunch of chocolates and some with deviated color patterns" I guess he said it's hard to sell the chocolates and I have no idea what deviated color patterns means so I'm very intrigued. Anyway, the manager at the lfs ordered 4 chocolate and a few of the others and told me they're waiting for pickup at the airport right now and I should be able to come see them by about 6 tonight. I'm so excited. I'm going to be thinking about this all day long.

I guess deviated colour patterns mean patterns that are abnormal or differ from what they 'should' be?

You gonna get to reserve one while they're QTed?

:)

How exciting! I can't wait to hear what you get.

I've been talking to the store manager for quite some time and he knows my set up and that I do quarantine new fish for at least 4 weeks so i think he might just let me bring one home tonight. I'm supposed to call him around 5 to see if he's gotten them all set up and ready for me to come see. I'm so excited. I've been looking for a new fish for a few months now and haven't seen any that really struck me.

Have to admit to being very curious about what a deviant color pattern is, lol. Can't wait to see what you get if you like something.

Well, now I'm sad. He didn't get the fish in today and said the breeder probably didn't feel they were ready for shipping, but he'll give me a call as soon as he hears anything.

Oh too bad! We'll wait right here for you to get 'em!! LOL!!