Jeana727

Jeana's Lil' Goldie Page

612 posts in this topic

Picture's please or your going in the pond!!!!  :teehee

Something has flubbed up with my camera :madrant Gotta get the "Tech Dude" (Hubby) to check it out!!!!!! Be patient.......(easy for ME to say..I have VERY LITTLE PATIENCE!!!!)  LOL!!!

Chubs-Fed & White Oranda 10/17/15

Fred - Calico & Yellow Shorttailed Ryukin 8/23/15

Lucy- White & Orange Oranda 10/1/16

Zoey-Panda Moor 9/26/17 (name changed from Scooter)

Calico Ryukin-Sunny 10/16/17 (Orange & white mostly white fins) 1 button eye

Calico Ryukin-Rose-10/16/17 (White & Orange w/ long black & white Doubletail)

Calico Ryukin-Pumpkin-10/16/17 (Tiny mostly white w/2 button eyes)

Calico Ryukin-Freckles=10/16/17 (Orange w/black Doubletail)

((All Calico Ryukins bought off of Ebay...... small young goldies))

Omg I MUST see the little babies from eBay. I'm happy you like Ryukins. What vendor did get you get them from? 

This is the seller.....

fishy_business_954

Search "Ryukin Calico Goldfish Fry (2) 

They were $15 + $10 shipping (I received mine in 2 days!!)

Edited by Jeana727
edit

I bought from that HORRIBLE seller. The fish I got don't look like Ryukins AT ALL. They look like $2 tiny Walmart fantail culls. He didn't deliver by the LAST expected delivery date either. LATE. He was lucky I didn't leave a negative feedback. He got mad at me for being irritated and placed a $1 offer on one of my items to annoy me.

He also had that listing up for months and said the fish were over 8 months old when the listing went up. So he's got TINY 1 gram fish that are almost a year old. Bleh. Not good at all. 

I have two of them myself. They are SO runty looking and unappealing that I didn't even tell anybody I got them. They'll never grow into decent fish like the ones he claimed spawned them.

I don't know what to do with them. Don't truly want them but as a fish lover must care for them. He doesn't know how to cull or raise fry. THIS is what Ryukin babies should look like... And they are younger than his by quite a bit! 

IMG_20170928_130104.jpg

Well..........OK then. Sorry it went to crap for you!(I really mean that)  Hope mine do ok, I wasn't expecting Show fish..but hope they are Ryukins! We'll see. I'll care for them no matter though.

• Upvote 1

I'll care for mine too. Wasn't looking for show fish, but wanted fish that looked like decent little Ryukins. Oh well. Sorry for the rant! 

NO PROBLEM MJ!!!! You have FULL PERMISSION to Blow Off Steam here anytime you want to!!!!!!! 

I will be disappointed if they aren't Ryukins.....but they will just become part of "The Crew" anyway!  (FINGERS CROSSED!)

• Upvote 1

Thank you. I don't have space for them inside even though I can probably go small since they're tiny. They're being QT in a netted tub on the back porch. It's really too late to put such tiny fish outside but I don't have the resources or whatnot to keep them inside. They will go with my tough fish like Callisto and Robin etc once they're done. Hope they don't die. They're ridiculously small. 

Made this video October 5th the day they arrived. Mind you I ordered them September 26th. The colorful one especially looks nothing like a Ryukin. He's totally long bodied! Bleh! 

Yeah, mine look like that too. Oh well......like I said I'll take care of them. But I REALLY wanted Ryukins!!!!

• Upvote 1

Me too. I REALLY wanted Ryukins. Let's put our Ryukin love together. We will say they're just shrimpy Ryukins that need some protein and love. They will get cute humps. They MUST! But in all seriousness... They're probably Ryukins... Just poor quality unculled ones. Maybe they'll get humps. We shall see. I will say one thing... Same as the video shows... both fish are totally spry and healthy looking. No complaints there at all. Mine are still in QT and seem perfectly fine. So small though. My betta fish is bigger than them. 

Edited by mjfromga