Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pixiefish

Fantastic Uk Treatment For Flukes And Many Others

If you store it properly I think it'll last longer than 3 months. I've used it after that time but I usually only use it as a preventative in QT anyway, not had to deal with a flukes infestation. Not sure how long Prazi lasts for but as long as it's sealed with as little air as possible and not exposed to water I really don't see how this could be rendered completely ineffective in 3 months you know?

yeah I see what your saying :) shall be ordering that whenever get round to it, although may order in just a liquid ounce of prazi to try that out whenever needed as well

Kusuri have many good fish meds that are harmless to your biological filters. Ive used their products before.

Anyone UK-based who has left-over Wormer Plus they might be able to send to me? I can pay for the mailing cost. I live in London.

I'm thinking about getting this product but it would only be as a preventative measure only as none of my fish has got any kind of parasitic infection. So I don't really want to buy a whole pack and only use a tiny bit of it, then throw it all away in 3 months time.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I'm all out, but I will say I've used it after the 3 months and it's been fine, as long as you store it correctly - keep the bag sealed with as little air as possible and you shouldn't have a problem. They do also now sell Prazi on that site here and that doesn't 'go off' as fast either.

Which is better? Wormer Plus or Prazi?

I would say the Prazi is better known, and better reputed for being mild on your bacteria so you shouldn't have a cycle crash, it also 'goes off' slower. That said, I've used the Wormer Plus before they started doing Prazi and not had a problem with that either, though I have heard some other people have had a cycle bump using the flubendazole which is the active ingredient. Usually you'd be keeping an eye on your parameters anyway so it shouldn't be a big issue. Personally, now they've started selling it, I'd get the Prazi but either will do the job, Wormer Plus is very commonly used for discus and puffers with no issues, it's just with so many US members on this forum the better known flukes cure is Prazi as it's so readily available over there compared to here.

I'm going to use it as a preventative measure only, as none of my fish has actually got any parasitic infections at all. Which one is better for the purposes of preventative treatment?

If you're watching the pennies, get the Wormer Plus as it's a bit cheaper, if you're not so bothered get the Prazi :)

I want to use is a preemptive measure, as i'm a little concerned.

The wormer plus package says one level 0.5 ml scoop (provided in packet) per 30 gallons (136.2 litres)

.... How do you work that out if your tank is only 11 gallons (42 litres)

I'm worried i'd overdose since the tank doesn't fit the measurement on the packet where a tank is needed to be large.

(Clearly maths is not my strong area here so it's a little daunting.)

The wormer plus package says one level 0.5 ml scoop (provided in packet) per 30 gallons (136.2 litres)

I'm worried i'd overdose since the tank doesn't fit the measurement on the packet where a tank is needed to be large.

Weigh how many grams a 0.5 ml spoon weighs in grams , divide those grams by roughly 3.2 !

Says on packet 0.3g (0.5ml) ...so divided by 3.2 = 0.09g

It's such a minuscule amount, you can't even weigh that on something for being so light, surely?

hi toffle, it is very simple and easy. you prepare a "stock solution" in an amount that is easy to measure and dose.

for example . . your packet scoop .5ml treats 30 gal ( 136 liter) so measuure out 136 Mililiter water and put

0.5ml in. now you have made a stock solution in which one ml will treat one liter. so all you need to do is measure out what you need( in the case 42 ml) to treat the liters ( 42) of your tank. you measure with an ml device such as a syringe or by weght in gram as one gram = one ml. . simple and fool phroof , yes?

Stock solutions make it easy when we have to treat in minute doses.

Edited by mikroll

hi toffle, it is very simple and easy. you prepare a "stock solution" in an amount that is easy to measure and dose.

for example . . your packet scoop .5ml treats 30 gal ( 136 liter) so measuure out 136 Mililiter water and put

0.5ml in. now you have made a stock solution in which one ml will treat one liter. so all you need to do is measure out what you need( in the case 42 ml) to treat the liters ( 42) of your tank. you measure with an ml device such as a syringe or by weght in gram as one gram = one ml. . simple and fool phroof , yes?

Stock solutions make it easy when we have to treat in minute doses.

Your so clever !

Thanks pixiefish. I was wondering how to get prazi if I needed it. This will be very helpful should I ever have troubke

Sent from my HTC One mini using Tapatalk

Sign in to follow this  

Photo of the week winner!

Pic of the week poll #18