Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pixiefish

Fantastic Uk Treatment For Flukes And Many Others

Well, thanks to a conversation about Puffers with Spanky (Sly C Pea) we have info about a great product which is suitable for goldfish and koi.

'Wormer Plus' utilizes the parasiticide flubendazole; it is commonly used by discus hobbiests and has recently been re-launched by Kusuri.

The good thing is, that this one treatment will take out a wide range of parasites which you would otherwise need Prazi, Dimillin, and Levamisole to treat; most of which are expensive and hard to come by over here. I wanted to pin up this info which will, I hope, be an enormous help to UK members.

Details:

This product will help control leeches, gill flukes, body flukes, fish lice (Argulus) hydra, ick, velvet and protozoa, in addition to internal helminths such as tapeworms, round worms, pin worms, nematodes, plus a host of other pests.

This substance does not adversely mix with other aquarium products, there are no recognised contraindications. Even snails will never again be a pest when using this product. A second dose after seven days may be needed in heavy infestations of flukes, or if treating for Hexamita.

This product is UV stable, so it is not necessary to turn off U/V sterilisation during its application, but it is advisable to remove carbon etc whilst using this medication for full effect. This product can be used with rays, puffer fish, goldfish and koi; it is safe to use in aquariums with plants; it will not harm the biological filtration in your filters and bio-degrades after 4 days.

There a several sized packages, the smallest being the 500 gal pack, suitable for aquarium use, for only ?6.99 each.

Here's where to order:

www.wormerplus.com

Flubendazole, like Prazi, is harmless to fish - so, considering the wide range of pests it treats, I think it will be a wonder drug which will save many UK'ers fish.

Also, for newbies with ich and uncycled tanks it will be an easier option than the usual nightmare of trying to run salt and water changes at a time when dosing and volume calculations are new and overwhelming.

I'm very grateful to Spanky for letting me know about this product.

I have heard of this product before, looks like a good one, and pretty safe. Kasuri are a well known and trusted brand. And the price isnt too bad for meds over here.

Thanks for the info.

I have also used cat wormer pills that contain praziquantel. You have to look carefully at the ingredients to make sure it contains this medication. The problem with prazi in pill form is that it is nearly impossible to dissolve :mad:

I can't remember the brand, but will keep an eye out for it next time.

Regards

Slugger :)

Yes, I think it is Droncit which is pure Prazi. Drontal is another cat/dog wormer, but contains an additional med for nematodes which is not so clever for fish. Panacur is Flubendazole/Flubenol or fenbendazole (all other names).

I think that if in doubt, this 'Wormer Plus' is the best option as it will not harm fish or filter and it's very cheap, too (compared to the cost and effort of crushing tons of individual, insoluble pills). Prazi is a wonderfull treatment but it is fluke and tapeworm-specific (as far as I know), whereas Flubendazole treats almost everything; Prazi is a paralyzer, whilst Flubendazole is a starver - meaning that it blocks nutritional uptake by the parasite and ensures death. Mwaha ha ha ha! From this point of view I am wondering if it may be almost preferable in treating flukes, given that the mature females can contain several generations within their bodies. I will try to find out more in regard to comparing the effectiveness of one over the other.

This is great as I already have this stuff for use with my Dwarf puffers :)

Is it ok to use the Discus version or do you need the koi one as the discus one is just "wormer plus" but the koi one is "wormer plus M"??

Edited by hpsauce

That is good to know :) Thanks for the info !

This is great as I already have this stuff for use with my Dwarf puffers :)

Is it ok to use the Discus version or do you need the koi one as the discus one is just "wormer plus" but the koi one is "wormer plus M"??

For those of us in the UK these are a few FAQ that are asked about Wormer + http://wormerplus.co.uk/faqs.htm

Q:-Has this wormer any insecticides as another wormer on the market for koi from Kusuri?

A:-No, new......wormer plus has no azadirachin (insecticides) in it's mix at all. This is why a second wormer has come out just for discus and tropicals in the Kusuri range. Apart from no insecticides, this product is a differant strength per gallon from fluke M which, by the way is another excellent product.

I've used this product on my dwarf puffers and other fish with no bad consequences. I haven't used it for coldwater fish though.

I emailed Kusuri to check it would be ok to use the discus version of the wormer that I already have on my goldies and they said it would be fine :bingo: and no need to buy the koi version.

I can also vouch for Wormer Plus. It works well and doesn't even cloud the water and it's sent out the day you order it!

I've got mine in the post, I'll be able to give ma review of the product since I can not get prazi as i am in the UK.

fortunefaded we can now get prazi in the UK called Cedapraz, it is a bit expensive though (?29.95).

I finally got wormer plus the other day for my dwarf puffers and it's done them a world of good. Their tummies were slightly sunken in and after using the wormer plus, they seem to be alot better.

I just received my in the post today, very fast shipping, just about to add a dose now. It's mostly a just incase as my fish seem fine now, but they have never been treated for parasite's other than salt.

Its great stuff, I added it as I had not treated for flukes before, Bluey seems to be a lot better having had a dose!

You do get a lot of the stuff as well. A great investment for any future fish and any problems that may pop up.

It does only last 6 months from when you open it though. I have been sharing mine!

They should sell it in smaller packs then. Especially if you only need one does of 0.3g for 30 gallons.

It does only last 6 months from when you open it though. I have been sharing mine!

Reading the back of my Pack it actually says use within 3 months.

Anyone from the UK need some let me know and I can send some of to you.

Apologies, yes it is only 3 months, I was thinking about something else.

Hi, is this offer still open? I can refund postage via paypal :] My fish have never been treated for flukes and I think it might be worth it, especially since they weren't from a great quality shop, and one of them has fairly red gills (although he's not acting strange, and he's a pretty transparent fish so I could be worrying over nothing...). I assume there aren't any negative effects in just treating them preventitively..?

Hi, is this offer still open? I can refund postage via paypal :] My fish have never been treated for flukes and I think it might be worth it, especially since they weren't from a great quality shop, and one of them has fairly red gills (although he's not acting strange, and he's a pretty transparent fish so I could be worrying over nothing...). I assume there aren't any negative effects in just treating them preventitively..?

Yeah definitely, I can post you some today or tomorrow. Don't worry about cost, it'll be the price of a stamp, I can put some in a little plastic bag and send it in an letter sized envelope.

It's 100% harmless to your fish, filter and plants etc. It will kill every worm/parasite in your tank, on your and in your fish. Made my water slightly cloudy for a day, you need to treat for 4-7 days and 4 days before a water change.

My email address is bolton202 at btinternet . com, never sure if it's safe to post your email address on forums, but I am sure most fish keepers aren't evil hackers. :)

Guest mothership

web site no longer exists for wormer plus.

found some on ebay but lots of different sorts - don't want huge amounts - but what sort do I get. Being told on other forum I might need some.

web site no longer exists for wormer plus.

found some on ebay but lots of different sorts - don't want huge amounts - but what sort do I get. Being told on other forum I might need some.

what specificly do you wish to treat for? there are often several ways to treat for some kinds of parasite.

http://wormerplus.co.uk/

That's where I've ordered it from and it looks like it's working fine :) It's a good alternative to Prazi for treating flukes, but it won't treat everything. If you want to order it you've got the site now but if you want to give us some more details (if you haven't already!) we might be able to provide an alternative :)

I definitely think i'll be ordering some of this in the near future =) although I am rather annoyed about it only lasting 3 months =| how long does Prazi last for?

Sign in to follow this  

Photo of the week winner!

Pic of the week poll #18