Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

Omg I Have Baby Fish

:hi hiya jess

Im so glad you have some little babys 2 :D

Im not sure who the parents are of my little 1 but i think pumpkin is the mum :D

This is pumpkin --->

post-9-1074700413.jpg

Hi Jessica,

The liquid fry food comes in a little tube. It is only worth a few dollars. I would definitely pick up a tube of brine shrimp eggs. They were around $5 or so. I can help you to hatch them. The goldfish fry just love brine shrimp eggs, and will just gobble them up. You can see their little tummies fill up on them.

You can also grow your own infusoria to feed the fry, although mine did prefer freshly hatched baby brine shrimp. To do the infusoria get some spinach and put it in a jam jar and cover with water. Leave it on a sunny window sill for a few days then feed the fry the green water with a little pipette. I also fed mine egg yolk. To make it easier i boiled the eggs, then mixed tiny weeny bits of yolk with a little bit of water and squeezed it up with a pipette from a medicine bottle so I got a tiny enough amount to feed them. I've atached a piccie of a few of my fry who are 4 months old now :D

post-9-1074703488.jpg

Edited by Fishyfan

Awww your baby fish are so cute =o) I can't wait until mine look like "fish" LOL! I hope that I can keep them alive. I am very nervous.

Thank you all, for your help and words of wisdom. You are the best!

Jessica

ooooooooh cute fish, are they nice gray fantails?

They are fantails, but as for colour, that's unknown as yet. they don't develop colour until they are a bit older.

Tanya they seem to be doing well, they are swimming around too, one was still sticking to the side though. I think I can see food inside them!

There are 5 for sure that I counted today, there may be a few more, I'm not sure.

I'm glad that your guy is doing well today too. Pumpkin is beautiful!

Jessica

That is so cool. I can't wait to breed my fish. I am going to breed them this weekend. I am so excited. :lol: