Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jyoti411

Got A New Baby!..delicious Chocolate Lionhead..

Alrite everyone around has been getting chocolate cute looking fish....I have been longing for a chocolate fish all the time...and after looking at Kahlua and Toby..I really really wanted a chocolate oranda.. :exactly Well, I couldn't wait so I asked my lfs if they expect some chocolate orandas in near future...and then after a cople of days they called me to just let me know that they ordered a few chocolate goldfish and if I would love to come and check them out... :rolleyes: which was so awesome on their part...and I could not make it to the lfs by their closing time, but still I took a chance and went there to try my luck...and they were still OPEN....I went in and checked out the goldfish tank..AWWWWWW...I saw 2 lil chocolate orandas and 4 chocolate lionheads...they all looked so cute...I really wanted all the lionheads...I had never seen a lionhead personally...they had the cutest baby face...they all looked like cute little pigs...I wish I could get all of them..but I really could not...I picked this lil guy... :newfish ..he was the most active amongst them..and kept playing on his own...when I looked at him..he just stayed there..looked back and when i tapped my finger on the tank..he swam away with his butt wiggling, turned back and kept looking from a distance...I knew I wanted him... :bingo: He has the cutest cheeks...On the way back home he kept swimming in the bag...when I got him home..he just tried to swim thru the bag into the tank..very very active...I named him Chikoo/Cheeku..of course for his awesome cheeks and also the Sapodilla fruit, which is a brown fruit, is called chiku or chikoo in Hindi (India)...Chikoo, in hindi, is also used to pamper babies as in Pumpkin... :heart ..so I could not have a better name for this lil guy...I will post pictures tonight...I got him 3-4 days back..I really had him in the QT tank for only a couple of days..I deserve the Koko stick for this.. :blink: but I really could not stand to see him in the QT alone... :cry1 and my betta in the bowl... :( I promise I observed him really well...and he is very healthy and happy...I transferred him to Sunshine's tank and they are a happy couple...they swim and play...Sunshine is being a bit snobbish but Chikoo only tries to play with her if she is in the mood..If he finds she is not...he plays on his own in the bubbles..he really really enjoys the bubbles..Its hilarious to see him swim through the bubbles and swim through all the little pebbles I have on the bottom...Lionheads really swim in a funny way...he is the awesomest fish I have seen in person...very very cute...

:happydance pictures, :clapping::happydance pictures, :clapping::happydance pictures! :clapping:

awwww i LOVE the name you picked..

your little fishie sounds adorable and im so happy for you that you got him =]

i cannot wait to seee Chikoo's :kewlpics: !!

I am glad you got a nice fish. I like the name, too. Everyone is so creative with naming their fish. :):Congrats: and now we need some pictures. :D

Congrats on the new fish! Sounds like a real cutie. Can't wait to see pics.

if you have any, post a picture that shows your new fish's personality. it sounds like he has a lot of it!

Could you send some of the fish personality my way. Mine have none. lol

Since I dont have 101 posts yet...I am using the Picasa URL link..I am still upoloading more pics.. :rolleyes:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jyoti411/MyFishies

There are few videos and pictures of my babies :heart ... :yeah: Do lemme know what you guys think about them... :exactly ..oh oh and also there are a few pics/videos of my betta fish Frosty...

cool deal! congrats on the new fish. guess it was meant to be since they were still open. your red cap looked cool too.

Thank you so much.... :)

Since I dont have 101 posts yet...I am using the Picasa URL link..I am still upoloading more pics.. :rolleyes:

http://picasaweb.google.com/jyoti411/MyFishies

There are few videos and pictures of my babies :heart ... :yeah: Do lemme know what you guys think about them... :exactly ..oh oh and also there are a few pics/videos of my betta fish Frosty...

Oooooh!!! What a beauty! How great! It's so cool to find something unique! AND exactly what you were looking for! Chikoo is beautiful! So are all of your babies!

Thank you so much Lynda...yeah I really found the one... :heart

i love ur fish and your beta looks hot!

AWW..thanks so much Franky...yeah I fell for him instantly...he was really meant to happen...sheer luck...

I was at the same lfs just looking around...and I realized they had awesome beta fishies...I was looking at the shelf...pretty crowntails...orange and other beautiful colors...I knew I wanted one..I was trying to make up my mind..when I saw two guys behind the shelf just sitting there alone..I went behind the shelf to check them out...both were pretty white betas...my Frosty and another one more like a panda beta..black and white....They were sitting in ammonia water...it had turned all yellow..no kidding absolute yellow colored water...I saw this guy and fell for him instantly..and hated him to see in that condition...I took the lil container...and asked the store lady if I could get him...and she said He is not for sale, we have been saving him for someone. And my heart broke.. :cry1 ..she saw my small face and asked me to wait while she checks if they have any entry in their contact request list for that lil guy....After sometime she came back to me and said she had no records and I can have him...I was sooooo sooo happy...and I also requested them to change the other beta's water too...I really didnt like the fact that just becos they were somewhere in the back not for sale...they haven't been taken care of...Usually that lfs is not so careless...but well it happened...Frosty was meant to be with me...and he is awesome...he enjoys his lil mushroom castle.. :rolleyes: ..

I just realized aren't we not all so proud of our babies???..I really feel like I am a mom...always observing them...describing everyone what they do..and their personalities...I really love all you guys...so much in love with this hobby..I am so so glad I am a part of this community now.. :) ..and I really don't think anyone else would ever understand this passion...

Guest nimajneb

Hmmm...London to California doesn't seem like such a journey for a spot of Fishknapping. Get your security system in place I'm coming for him! :gcar:

Stunning fish. :Congrats:

Thank you so much Ben... :)

my goodness he sure is cute :heart

and he kinda reminds me of my charlamagne (the chubby little ranchu in my signature)

great finddddd :D

Wow! your coaco lionhead is just a doll.

Your orandas got a very cute face too.

You betta is amazing. i have always wanted just a pure white betta like him.

Oh my goodness what a sweet little baby!!!!! How adorable!!!!!! It's all in those cheeks : )

I love the name - it's perfect! Now you've got me jealous because I'm loving the lionheads and ranchus lately. Honestly, I just love EVERYTHING and want one of everything that exists!! But seriously there's a really cute lionhead I am in love with in the auction right now, so more than ever I am excited about your new fish.. Soooo CUTE! Good luck with him : )

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Aww! How cute are your fish? Omgosh I just want to pinch those little lionhead cheeks AWW!! :DD

I also REALLY love your betta wow he's gorgeous!

Thank you so much guys..I am so glad you all liked him...yeah he is one cute piggy..

My red cap has been trying to be the boss around the tank...but he really takes it very nicely..he lets her be and enjoys himself too...he has started pecking at my finger now...and eats out of my hand too..he loves nibbling at the spinach...I just love the way lionheads swim..wiggling woggling..always seems to be in a hurry..LOL...cutie.. :)

thanks for all the lovely compliments.. :rolleyes: ..I am flattered..

Oh my goodness what a sweet little baby!!!!! How adorable!!!!!! It's all in those cheeks : )

I love the name - it's perfect! Now you've got me jealous because I'm loving the lionheads and ranchus lately. Honestly, I just love EVERYTHING and want one of everything that exists!! But seriously there's a really cute lionhead I am in love with in the auction right now, so more than ever I am excited about your new fish.. Soooo CUTE! Good luck with him : )

Actually, I got him cos I really loved your Kahlua and Lynda's Toby....So thanks to you guys..I have him.. :)

And now thanks to you I will probably end up buying a brand new tank set up just for lionheads & ranchus. haha. okay I am going to try NOT to but if I do, I am putting all the blame on you & your new cutie LOL : )

my goodness he sure is cute :heart

and he kinda reminds me of my charlamagne (the chubby little ranchu in my signature)

great finddddd :D

Oh..I totally think he looks like your charlamagne...thanks so much for your compliments.. :)