Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
goldfishgrateful

Dojo (weather) Loach :d

So some of you may remember when I had bought Aquilo, my little Golden weather loach. I've had him for around 9 months now and he's doing great.

He has grown so much! He's adapted to the tank perfectly and gets along with the other goldfish. He's not afraid of my hand at all. He'll nibble at it, and swim in between my fingers even. :D

If anyone's trying to find a good bottom feeder to add to there tank, I recommend a weather loach. They're absolutely wonderful!

Dojos are great fish however they do prefer to live in a minimum of a pair. I havent found the loachs i have exactly being bottom feeders. I have found they will eat at all levels. One of mine prefers to shoot to very top of tank to feed. I have a dedicated Dojo Loach tank as like you say they nibble and are really sociable little guys :D

Guest RyanZ

I have got a pair of Dojo's in my Goldie tank and there great little guys. you rarely even see them there always buried in the gravel. as the above poster stated they act like regular fish when it comes ot feeding time:)

how many gallons for each of them?

do they really need gravel?

they sound like a great fish

how many gallons for each of them?

do they really need gravel?

they sound like a great fish

I would recommend at least a 29 gal for 2 dojos because they get big but mine are about 6 inches now. They need places to hide and will hide in the gravel. They are fun to watch and are great additions to a goldfish tank.