Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  

I'm Going Crazzzzyy

AHHH lol everytime there is goldfishconnection auction, I'm SUFFERING! Lol i'm seriously killing myself just looking at those goldfish. hahaha Ya ya i know i'm crazy but i cant help it, WAHHHHH i was banging my head earlier lol

I know what you mean. I always end up wishing I could afford one of those fish, or wishing I had the tank space.

I'm lucky, he doesn't ship to Canada so I can look but I actually am unable to order :P

I love those adorable little classic Lionheads..... :druel :

I want the black white butterfly moore. If my 34 tank was ready and I had a QT tank I would seriously consider it!! However, I think I want to try to get fish all about the same size, that way the chances of one picking on the other are (hopefully) smaller. And he's a lot bigger than my Angel.

I absolutly love the Moore as well. I've been tracking it,lol. I am soooo tempted to bid on it but the added $75.00 for shipping is a bit daunting.

Kathy

Yeah I know... I am kinda glad I can't get any more fish right now cause it gets rid of the temptation. Kathy if you do decide to get her/him, I am totally driving up there and stealing him. (Wait - gas money is worse than shipping LOL)

Hmmm,never thought I'd have a reason to be happy about gas prices being so high,rofl!! 149.gif

Kathy

Spiderman posted something on this same topic and I posted there that the chocolate pom pom oranda is the one I want, but I agree with you CountryLovah. I want my fishies to be more or less the same size and those big boys are huge! And agreeing with Kathy B., the prices are most definitely daunting. Now, don't get me wrong, they are quality fish and that's not easy to come by. I understand they're worth it, but worth it or not, I don't have it. I'm still just twisting in my boots though not being able to have one of those pom poms...

Edited by lynda441

Speaking of special goldfish, can anyone tell me of any other breeders, reputable breeders who sell smaller goldies?

Speaking of special goldfish, can anyone tell me of any other breeders, reputable breeders who sell smaller goldies?

I don't know much about their reputation, but this place seems to have a number of smaller fish:

http://www.raingarden.us/goldfish.htm

I have not bought from them, so I can't comment on fish health, adequacy of packing/shipping arrangements, etc.

I have bought fish from Dandy Orandas (the Goldfish Connection auction) and can definitely say that you get what you pay for. The fish are beautiful and healthy and the packing/shipping is top notch. Unfortunately shipping costs are higher than $75.00 now, which adds significantly to the cost of the fish. :( If you are interested in working with Ken you could probably email and ask if he has some smaller fish. Sometimes importers will just put their "premium" fish on auction, even though they have other, smaller, "pet quality" fish available as well.

Yeah, I did email Goldfish Connection re smaller fish yesterday, but haven't heard anything yet. I'm confused though. I see the name Ken, then I see the name Rick. Am I mixing up sites? Can someone clear up my confused brain on who's who at Goldfish Connection? Thanks for that other link. It looks nice and one I haven't found by surfing the net. I'll check it out.

Rick owns Goldfish Connection and Ken of Dandy Orandas runs his auction thru' Rick's showroom.

Kathy

Ah hah! Noooowwwww I get it! Thanks Kathy! Now, if they would only tell me they had a 2" (body only) chocolate pom pom oranda for sale........

Well,ya never know. Good luck with your search. I actually did break down and bid on the Moor but got outbid already,lol. Not sure if I can justify going any higher so am pondering.

Kathy

Would anyone be able to go to gfconnection website? I couldn't find it on the net, it is probably down or something wrong with my computer.

Kathy, the moor is beautiful... I'm just not sure if I want to deal with special eyes... I saw a bubble eye in one of my LFS yesterday, which is unusual for around here. It's bubbles were huge and amazing and I would've bought it in a heartbeat if I were willing to deal with specialized eyes.... and nope, 32bit, I can't get into Goldfish Connection either.... they must be down...

I still can't get in... isn't it funny how that works. Anyway, I got a reply from Ken and he said that he does have a few smaller pet quality chocolate pom pom orandas, but he thinks that shipping wouldn't make 'em worth it. I told him to give me a price anyway... it can't hurt to just know.... I found some chocolate orandas in one of my LFS around here, but they don't have those amazing little orange fluff balls on their noses and those are the things that just send me over the top... cute as a button those things are!

I know how you all feel!! I was checking GFC every week just WAITING for that next auction...

Luckily there is a pretty good water garden an hour north of me where I can get top notch fish without the insane shipping.

I just have to pay for gas to get there and back. :krazy:

I have the "I need a new goldfish" bug bad..... Okay, so I took advantage of my free time and made a day of visiting all the LFS within an, oh, I don't know.... 20 mile radius of me...? It appears to be the season for single tails, but as far as fancies, most are the standard fantails, and a fair amount of red and white ryukins, a few sickly pearlscales and red and white orandas, but whereas I have a ryukin, a blue oranda and a lionhead (which is the ONLY lionhead I've ever seen in my parts in the 4 years I've been keeping fancies), I'm on the lookout for something unusual. The second store I went into (which I left and then came back to again after the fourth store), I perused all the fish and was just about on my way out when BAM!, I apparently had overlooked on my first pass, this most gorgeous 3 inch chocolate pom pom oranda! What a find! Short of being about twice as large as what I was out shopping for, this was exactly what I wanted! HEAVEN!!! I'll take it I said. Oh, it's sick, they said... it really didn't look that bad, but I admired that they were willing to forego a sale in lieu of making sure I knew it was sick. But, second greatest thing they did, they offered to put my name on a list for a special order. No LFS I've been to has done that, even when I've asked if they could/would. They say their supplier is the largest supplier on the West Coast and if a healthy, 2" chocolate pom pom oranda can be gotten, he's the one to get it. OMG! I love these people! Now, they made sure to say that it could take a week, it could take a couple months, but they'll do everything to find me one. SO! If this does happen, I'll make sure to post a pic... I had a FUN day!

:rofl Kathy! You did go and bid on that Moor! You're trying to make me jealous! lol

Yeah,I did,lol. Apparently got outbid by someone who matched my ceiling bid which kinda confuses me. I thought they had to bid at least $5 more than my ceiling but guess not.

Kathy