Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
JessicaandMarshall

I Think I Have Eggs, Please Help

Hi everyone.

I used to see spawning behaviour but never any eggs. My fish have not chased each other in ages....and this morning I find these little bumps on plant leaves.

There were not very many, so I am assuming that the fish must have ate most of them.

There could not have been there (the eggs) very long, because I went to bed very late and got up very early.

I took a picture, are these eggs? I remember reading the white ones are fungused and to remove them, but all these bumps I found are white. Why would they all be like that? The have only been in the tank for a few hours tops.

I don't know what to do with them. I will start reading.

But first of all I need your help!! You can help me by telling me if you think these are eggs or not! I have never seen eggs before.

f9e52dac.jpg

THere is one egg on that leaf,

And here is another

f9e52db0.jpg

Sorry that picture is blurry.

I have no idea how many there are, I have not counted them yet. But all the ones that I have seen where a whiteish colour, not clear. Does that mean that they are dead?

I have all my plants in a bucket of tank water right at the moment.

Thanks a mill

Jessica

Well If I would have read a little further, I would have seen Misbehave's link and known that they were eggs.

Thanks Misbehave.

Do you think that they will hatch?

Jessica

Guest OzzMosiz

Jessica,

Give them a couple of days - they may turn clearish. If they don't then they are most certainly unfertalized. I'm guessing you have taken them out of the main

tank?

Thank you!

Yes I have taken them out of the main tank. Right now they are sitting in a bucket of tank water.

I am going to put them into a 10 gal. Is that big enough to hatch eggs in? I could get a bigger rubber maid container if it is not.

Thank you again, and I hope that they hatch!

Jessica

Jessica remember not 2 put them in to much water :)

because the force of the water will kill the eggs

Good luck

Edited by Tanya_woz_ere

Thanks Tanya, I put them in the 10 gal, and it is about half full of water or so.

I have heard to keep them in 6" of water. But I am not sure I buy this. What about fish that are born in ponds? Most of them are deeper than 6".

Or do the fish spawn in the shallow water, and that is how the eggs are not crushed.

I find it all very interesting. I have not been on this breeding forum very much at all. I have a lot of reading to do. =o)

Jessica

:)

I have eggs at the moment ... i have about 6" of water in my spare tank. Im just keeping my fingers crossed that im sucesful with the eggs. ive wanted 2 breed 4 a long while now :)

and don't let the eggs touch the air when you move them. they must stay in the water, use a dish or something full of water. I learned that the hard way, when I moved my cory cats eggs, they all touched the air and died.

Tanya, I will cross my fingers that your eggs hatch :D

Panda, I've heard that is an old wives tale in regards to goldfish eggs. And I say that because I know a few people that have moved eggs and they touched air, and they did not die, the eggs hatched. I've heard that they just must stay moist?

But then that could have been a big fluke, and you could be very right, that the air does kill them. I don't really know for sure :unsure:

Mine did touch air though, only for a second, but I needed to pull them out of the tank and into the bucket of tank water. My tank is way too deep for me to but the bucket inside of it, I would not be able to lift it back out full of water. And my plants are big, I needed a bucket.

So I've done two things wrong already

1) the eggs were layed in a tank that is about 25" deep and the eggs were near the bottom, so they may be crushed (although they are in a half full 10 gal now.)

2) they touched air when I moved them.

Errrr maybe I shouldn't get to hopeful that these ones will hatch.

Jessica

if they are white then it means they are unfertilised i'm afraid. If you have any that are clear at all then you need to remove the white ones a.s.a.p as they will get fungussy and the fungus will spread to the good eggs and you will lose them.

All my eggs were completely WHITE I mean solid white! You could not see through them or see a black dot. I have better than 20/20 vision, and I swear this.

I exposed them to air numerous times so I could stare at them....

and OMG OMG OMG I have babies!!!!!!!

yeah....

Thanks for your help guys.

And if you have ALL white eggs don't chuck em! I didn't have any clear eggs, so I was not worried about transferring fungus.

Of course if you have clear eggs, you should get rid of the white ones. But if they are all white, hold out hope!

Jessica

JESS .... mine where like that 2!!!!

And i got a little baby :lol: im glad we both had the same experiance and got some baby fish in the end :lol: