Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Acupunk

My Trip To Tommy's

great pics, all those fish look amazing :heart !!

For those who might be considering a trip to see Tommy on the basis of my experience, please see this thread, especially posts #6 and #8.

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...showtopic=70344

I have emailed Tommy about my concerns on this matter and hope to hear back from him soon. Hopefully his reply will restore my confidence in his honesty. I will post back with updates. Until then, buyer beware.

I am headed out there the weekend after next assuming my ich is cleared up in my main tank. Don't want to get any more in qt until I get him handled. :(

Just wanted to update this thread by saying that I got a detailed, thoughtful email from Tommy in response to my inquiry, including some photos. I also looked up the page numbers pointed out by Empty Wallet in the Fancy Goldfish book and he is right that it states that either a three or four lobe tail is acceptable in ranchus and there are several drawings and photos in the chapter that depict ranchus with three lobe tails.

The bottom line is that my confidence in Tommy is restored. :)

I may have to perswade my parents!!!! I'm about an hour from there to about 2 hours (depending on traffic)

Those are some gorgeous fish. I wish we had a breeder like that close to where I live.

All I can say is, ditto! What a treat!

but maybe in the meantime (since my birthday is May 10th) I'm still probaly gonna get two or three orcandas

Guest Kayla's Goldfish

Aww! I want the football Oranda!!! :druel Maybe when we move to Florida..

Boy, I would love to visit some of our importers. I used to visit Goldfish Connection when Rick sold fish. I see a calico in that batch that I would love to have. :heart

Boy, I would love to visit some of our importers. I used to visit Goldfish Connection when Rick sold fish. I see a calico in that batch that I would love to have. :heart

Yes, a few days after I came home I decided that I could not live without the butterfly calico telescope that I saw there. I had Tommy Fed Ex it to me. Here he is -- his name is Winston. He is quite a character and is the Hugh Hefner in my tank of female goldfish. :)

142ndAuctionGN787.jpg

Winston is a beauty. I bet you were like a child in a candy factory...huh?

Guest Ranchu Addict

Wow Winston is a real looker. I bet he's in heaven with all those girls chasing him...LOL I got a nice little ranchu from Tommy on Wednesday.

I am madly in love with Winston! So adorable.

Guest Ajno

Very cute! I bet ya he's wondering where his treat is.

It's obvious that Winston is a happy camper.

Wow Kristen - I LOVED the pictures! We have very little choice over here and most of the lfs fancies look like culls at the moment. I can hardly imagine the exitement of vats full of fancies -I think I would probably hyperventilate and shortly afterwards suffer a serious impulse control failure. Do you suppose 30 fish in a 40gal would really be too much?!!!! :druel:druel:druel:druel:druel

Just a tad, Pixie... :tomuch: But you know what you can do? On the way home from Tommy, stop at any lfs and buy a 300 gl tank or rubbermaid. That should take care of your loss of impulse control. WAIT! There is still the subject of hubby's face when you get home with all of it... :whistle:duckk::pease:

Just a tad, Pixie... :tomuch: But you know what you can do? On the way home from Tommy, stop at any lfs and buy a 300 gl tank or rubbermaid. That should take care of your loss of impulse control. WAIT! There is still the subject of hubby's face when you get home with all of it... :whistle:duckk::pease:

yes ..but the look on hubby's face would be priceless :D