thoughtsofjoy

Aquarium Equipment

Craigslist strikes again.

For $70:

--20 gallon tank

--Eheim Ecco 2234

--Skilter 250 HOB (250GPH)

--LOTS of assorted filter media

--Compact fluorescent light strip (twin T-5 bulbs)

--2 bottles of Pimafix

--Giant bottle and small package of Maracide

--2 Mignon 60 filters (nanofilters)

--Whisper Microfilter & biobag

--GIGANTIC piece of driftwood

--5 gallon bucket with lid

--Brand new Via Aqua stainless steel heater (300 watt)

--Ammochips, pH Up

--Breeder net

--2lbs gravel

Not again :rolleyes:

you will have another perfect tank for goldfish

The plan is to keep all the goodies, and package up all our small tanks as complete sets of tank, hood, lighting, heater, and filter. We'll sell these "kits" locally later this summer/this fall. We'll keep the good stuff, and the 50 gallon tanks, and a quarantine tank.

We're essentially setting up an aquarium supply shop in Joy's apartment. :D

Hey A Penguin: I hear a tropical tank in the mist

Haha, I'm doing something similar. I have to sell my 30 gallon, so I'm finding all the supplies I don't want (old filter, etc) to put with it ;)

That is such a great buy, I'm not going to let myself look at the classifieds anymore for a while, it's almost as bad as looking at the goldie section in the lfs!! Makes me want to buy everything!

That is such a great buy, I'm not going to let myself look at the classifieds anymore for a while, it's almost as bad as looking at the goldie section in the lfs!! Makes me want to buy everything!

OMG tell me about it! I am SO terrible when it comes to stuff on classified websites. I'm just like, "Thomas ... PLEEEEEASEEE???!!!!" :please

And of course he gives in because he is an enabler to my obsession. :rofl

:o ANOTHER bargain? Sounds like more than the tank fairy struck your neighborhood! I'll admit, I check Craigslist daily...but luckily most tanks advertised are too big for my apt.! Well, lucky for my wallet...and landlord. :D

Have you considered changing your username to Tank Fairy?

It sounds like you and Thomas have quite an operation going there. Is your apartment zoned for a business? I forsee a future in fish retail/advice-giving for you. I am trying to figure out how a degree in psychology will apply, however...

Guest Nemo & Cynthia

Hey, Acupunk, can you tell my future without knowing me? :hummm

Hey, Acupunk, can you tell my future without knowing me? :hummm

Hang around here long enough and maybe so!

Guest Nemo & Cynthia

Let us see... how old do you think I am?

OMG tell me about it! I am SO terrible when it comes to stuff on classified websites. I'm just like, "Thomas ... PLEEEEEASEEE???!!!!" :please

And of course he gives in because he is an enabler to my obsession. :rofl

:rofl My husband isn't really into fish, but he is totally the same way. We would have a lot more money in the bank if he would put his foot down and tell me "STOP BUYING FISH STUFF!" rather than saying "sure, honey, you deserve it!"

But you are much better than me because you buy used. I, on the other hand, ought to take out stock in Drs. Foster and Smith and Goldfish Connection.

I told you, I haven't seen enough posts from you yet. I can predict Joy's future because she and I ping posts back and forth all day.

Guest Nemo & Cynthia

I told you, I haven't seen enough posts from you yet. I can predict Joy's future because she and I ping posts back and forth all day.

It is over 5 but below 30....... :unsure:

Btw, do u like my new avatar?

Edited by Nemo & Cynthia

PING-PINGPINGPING

Like a pinball machine!

Sometimes a wrench gets thrown in the works and we post the same thing at the same time!!!

Thomas and I have talked about just quitting school and opening up an aquarium or water garden. Ahh what a world it would be... but I'd be very mean if anyone tried to buy my fish!!! :rofl

1769402.jpg

Hey Sebastian... just saying but you're way off topic here. :BTT

I'd be very mean if anyone tried to buy my fish!!! :rofl

I can see that happening! :P hehehe

congrats on the new deal that you found! and i think its a good way to make up some of the cost on the larger tanks by getting rid of the smaller stuff the way you guys plan on doing it. i check craigslist daily, find occasional stuff but man they are really proud of the stuff they want to get rid of ( high prices) lol. got a deal pending as i type this, waiting for ape to get up to ask her if i can spend more money lol! glad shes into my illness almost as much as me, she keeps me in check (well trys too)

glad shes into my illness almost as much as me, she keeps me in check (well trys too)

Two goldfish addicts living under one room is not amenable to the pocketbook... I can see why your nick is emptywallet!! :rofl

It'll be good to get rid of all the extra little tanks around here--- I am up to my EARS in surplus aquarium supplies!