Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dengundam

Critters In My Tank

sorry if this is in the wrong section i dont know where else to put it

well i quit keeping goldfish for a while cause i could only care for tropical fish

now i started tank for to start cycling for a goldfish but i noticed that there was so many little snails there are like 20 small snails all over the walls (the tank had tropical fish in it but i moved them and the live plants) are the snails bad?! if so what should i do!?

thanks

Hey, welcome back! I recognized your name. The snails aren't bad?some keepers like them and some don't. As long as you don't overfeed your tank, they won't multiply like crazy. If you want to get rid of them, be sure that in the future you sterilize all new plants (different methods for this, I use potassium permanganate and a copper treatment). For now you can manually pick them all out, or just wait and the goldfish will probably eat them, too.

ok doke thanks alot its good to be back and to start over i was discouraged when my big daddy died and i just gave up and now i have a new imput in life so i am going to do all the things i loved doing in the past !!

Good for you! Goldfish get me down a lot, too. I get very discouraged, too, but always seem to get back into it! :)

I read an article by someone who was raising rosy red minnows and he said one of the benefits was that they ate all the little snails in his tank. So maybe you could put some rosies in yours to eat snails and help cycle the tank, too.