Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Chrissy_Bee

My 'sinker'

Some of you may know that I have a 'sunken' lion head named Elaine. She developed sbd about a year ago now and hasn't been able to swim, but she still seems really happy. She scoots around on her side and eats from my hand every day. I just put her in her own private tank, here are some pics :)

This is her new place

post-5992-1211572338_thumb.jpg

And here she is looking up at me

post-5992-1211572376_thumb.jpg

Just thought I'd post and show everyone that's it's not the end of the world if your goldie develops this problem, sometimes they live happy lives this way.

:D one sinker mom to another... LuLu is a sinker ..but she is still upright..I ended up going bare bottom with her cause she would beach herself on the rocks..good luck with Elaine I'm tring to figure out the pic ..does she have a really big wen??

I'm tring to figure out the pic ..does she have a really big wen??

Yep, now that you mention it she does! I just looked at her now compared to the pic of her in my sig...wow! I guess I never noticed until now.

My oranda Bob was that way. He managed to live for about 2 years after he developed SBD. He always tried so hard.

My lionhead Chris had the same problem, she started out ok but then had to scoot around on her belly and then side. She was the family favorite as she was so different. My tank was also bearbottom.

My Ranchu Marvin is starting to show signs of SBD Is it something to do with the breed?

Bless her little heart! :heart Good for you to take care of her so she still has a good quality of life. :hug

cute fishie!

She's gorgeous! I love orange and white fish.I have a fishy with a similar problem but it's not SBD, she has a wonky tail fin and can't really swim all that great so she hangs out on the bottom of the tank all the time and randomly swims up to the top grabs some air and plops back down. She finds food just fine too and seems to be perfectly happy, she even knocks my giant male bristlenose out of the way for food and he's got some major spines! :blink:

So their tummy's do not hurt? They can be ok like that? Not so sure I could do what you guys do I would cry every time I looked. Poor baby. But then again I have not had one yet that got that so who knows what I would be able to do when/if needed.

Well if she lays on her other side she develops a pressure sore almost right away. As long as I keep her on the proper side though, she seems to have no problems at all :)

she sure has a wonderful home

so she jsut lays there or does she "scoot" around the tank???

She scoots very well. Whenever I walk in the room she perks up and pops up an inch or two off the bottom, begging to be fed :heart

That sling is awesome looking!!! I might just be crazy enough to give it a shot.

The sling shot looks really interesting, what a creative ideal. I wonder how Elaine would like it. Well it might be worth a shot!

Elaine is a real cutie. Such a Pudgy little face.

that sling is amazing.... it brought tears to my eyes when I saw a pic of addy the ryukin in it ;) ..she looked soooo happy :D

Edited by hi-d

I may try the sling when I set up my new tank in June. I don't know what Elaine will think, but if it works I'd be sooo happy :)

Guest Nemo & Cynthia

You must be taking good care of her. :heart

So....I took a closer look at the sling. My sister was there and thought it was the best thing she's ever seen (she loves Elaine too!). So we went and found some old material and I tried to at least cut out the pattern. We went and put the poor girl in it for a 'fitting' !! :rofl

It seems like it could work, but she has such a round little body I'm not sure if it will stay on her. I might actually give it a go...pictures will follow!

So....I took a closer look at the sling. My sister was there and thought it was the best thing she's ever seen (she loves Elaine too!). So we went and found some old material and I tried to at least cut out the pattern. We went and put the poor girl in it for a 'fitting' !! :rofl

It seems like it could work, but she has such a round little body I'm not sure if it will stay on her. I might actually give it a go...pictures will follow!

if you check out the website some more you will find pics of the fish in the sling.

Glad i could help

can't wait til some pics

Edited by FishCrazy