Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Bye Bye Spotty

Some of you might now, my calico fantail, Spotty, had dropsy and welll........she died this morning. I dont know why but I thought I tried my best but I geuss it's not enough. I feel liek crap, right now I'm making it a pink box and goign to dig a hole ot bury it in my backyard. May she rest in peace.

Dropsy is a hard disease to fight. I lost my Rhapsody to it, and many, many others have lost fish to it as well. You did your best; Spotty lived a better life with you than in a bowl.

RIP Spotty. Feel better soon hun.

thanks guys for the replies, here is something I made for Spotty, I just buried him

Name: Spotty

Color: Black and orange

Type: Calico fantail goldfish

years: n/a - Thursday, May 1, 2008

reason of death: Internal Bacteria Infection, Dropsy

May you rest in peace Spotty

dwqrg7.png

Edited by chubbygold

Vu, I'm sorry to hear Spotty passed, I know you tried your best, but really, dropsy is the end-stage of bacterial infection, it really is a losing battle once your fish starts to dropsy, don't take it out on yourself, you gave Spotty the best life you could. may he RIP. Nice little casket you made him.

thanks mad, yeah, when it happened I tried but no hope when there seem to be something poking out the side of the belly. I have to try my best not letting that happen again..

and thanks Valerie

Spotty was buried in the flower bed in my backyard, I planted some orange flowers around where he was buried.

That's a beautiful little burial you gave Spotty. As others have said, dropsy is near impossible to beat, you did your best and that's all that matters :heart

Sorry Spotty didn't recover. :( It was sweet of you to give him such a nice burial.