Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
heidiinatree@yahoo.ca

Guess What !

so last night my fish started spawning ..poor Ms muggles was the attention of what seemed to be a tank full of males ..(I have a great video of their spawning party that I will post later)..so this afternoon she finally dropped her eggs and I collected at least 30? of them not sure I lost count ..so her fry were most likely fathered by P.Earl my pearlscale as he was the main pest and mr Miagui once again...I wasn't going to keep from this batch..but couldn't resist I had to see if I was going to get lionhead/pearlscale traits in the fry...I will keep you posted ....I have a feeling I'm gonna have fry coming out my ears this year :rolleyes: ...more tubs ,more filters ..yada..yada..yada...

Congrats, Sweety! :hug

I hope things work out great with them. :) How are the first batchers, doing?

Keep us posted!

Debbie

Yay!!! Congrats :D

For someone who didn't know if she wanted fry...you've come a long way ;)

:rolleyes: ..I know I was sooo worried about raising fry but so far I am having luck with my first batch..which are doing great!!they ate their first crumbled flake today :D ..they were not sure what it was but not long after they were eating it like little goldfish piggy's

That is awesome!! I can't imagine having goldie eggs/fry, lucky you :D

so far 22 have hatched !!!! they are soooo tiny !!and in comparison my 4 week old fry look huge !! it is amazing how fast they grow ..they are already big enough to eat the new fry..don't worry they are not housed together :)

I was going to say - watch out, new batch, the big ones are eating you! :tomuch:

Congratulations, Heidi! Fry are so much fun, and once you have seen those little eyes looking back at you, and have raised a few, you can't say no to the next one either. Who are the parents of the first batch again? :unsure:

I was going to say - watch out, new batch, the big ones are eating you! :tomuch:

Congratulations, Heidi! Fry are so much fun, and once you have seen those little eyes looking back at you, and have raised a few, you can't say no to the next one either. Who are the parents of the first batch again? :unsure:

100% Mr Miagui and Ms Muggles ....I'm certain this new batch has 2 dads P.Earl my once female pearlscale and Mr Miagui once again.. :D LOL I've simply have been invaded by fry..my husband said to me the other day ....."so ...how often do they spawn"?...lol.I think he is worried I'll be taking up garage space soon.. :rofl

I have pics !!! these guys are now over a month old !! and growing and are sooo friendly..I have CALICOs !!!!! and lots of black beady eyes :heart ..so here is a pic of a few of them the others were camera shy ;)

post-14812-1213224283_thumb.jpg

Oh look at them!!! :D

Yay!! I love pictures of fry!! They are sure cuties. Hopefully you'll get a few stunners out of there... (and send one my way :yeah: )