Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
shrtshaman

Eyes To Big?

hi all bubble eye owners...with more yrs at it than me.

i have a wonderful orange bubble eye, he is aprox three yrs old...however his eyes are bigger than his body!! try to picture a golf ball with tenis ball eyes!!!! he sucks on his eye at times, and they google all over when he swims around. the past two days i have woken up the tank to find him upside down!!!!! still alet breathing just lounging...yesterday i figured he would be dead when i got home, i checked water all ok, change filter and carbon..all other fish are ok...last night he was upright as always!!!

this morn againt there he was all top over again and now agian is right side up...i was just wondering if it could be an easy ways to fish sleep for him cause his eyes are so big and heavy...or a swim bladder prob??? he corrects the issue in the light. i have not changed anything in the tank other than normal water and filter such things..i have gotten a anti biotic treatment just incase.

thanks so much everyone...did not know where to put this so general was a choice...hope it ok

rita

I have found my bubble eye is like this too. I call her eccentric :) If it is just sleeping tme, I imagine resting is more comfortable like this. Do you fast her sometimes and offer peas and fresh foods? I wouldn't use meds.

thank you,

i have not given fresh foods, what would be best, cucumber is the only thing and it was for the pleco, then i noticed he was eating the eye sacks :o and he went upstairs to other tank, his eyes are so big it is hard for him to get floating food, i have brine shrimp and discs and the lrg flakes fall for him too....i make sure he gets food i view feedings.

i got the meds because i noticed a couple of streeks in his tail, his tail is white and orange and i can't tell between streeks and blood viens :blink: he has very outspoken viens in his eyes sacks and where they bounce on the bottom seem to be alot more...such odd fish, i just love them.

thanks agaihn...

rita

Well let's see. My bubble eye loves peas, and sometimes a few grains of soft boiled rice. Also loves the spirulina tabs chopped up, and brocolli florrets cut in tiny weeny bite size pieces.

What kind of meds have you got there btw rita? Are those streaks getting worse or better today?

hi T,

well i have maracyn-two, and today he was not floating and sems to be a bit more active!!! and the big streek seems to be a bit smaller it is the tail and is at the base...only first day i guess, i had given the meds before you replied...so i think i will continue?? i took pains to get a good look into his gills and mouth..i had to extract a stone from spot about amonth agao...nothing there..

i have given cucumber lettace and orange slices in the past...now is it frozen peas??? i have those...and green bns..rice we eat alot of i will try that too...how long should a fast be for these guys?? is this a clean out the system procedure...

i have to work today and will not be able to see your come back untill tinite about 7 mst...thanks again

rita

Yes you can use frozen (non sugar) peas. Just de-shell them after a light boil or microwave.

A fast is just one day of no food for my guys.

Good luck with the Maracyn course.

would canned no salt added be better, they are soft already...

thanks again, two days no toppsy..

rita

I wouldn't to many added aditives I would stick with plain frozen peas (without salt)...I just put mine in the microwave for 10 sec with a bit of tank water until soft then they pop right out of the shell and are pretty soft..

Would you by chance have a photo of your bubble eye? I am intrigued...

btw my bubble eye has relatively small bubbles, so it is safe to assume I have "bubble" envy! :rolleyes:

Sweet fancy Moses! Puffer has exceptional bubbles.

BTW~enjoyed your excellent photostream. My daughter is into photography so I must show her your site. Her work is similar, lots of outdoor scenic shots.

Edited by Smilingfish

thank you very much, i am realy proud of my guy, i realy hope he is not sick the other two are just smal yet...spot will have very big eyes just like puffer..

glad you like my pics, my mom is a pro and hse got me hooked...

rita