Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
thoughtsofjoy

Spawning Behavior Seems To Have Tapered Off

Roxanne and Thomas' fish Roman were exhibiting spawning behaviors last week, but after I did a water change the mood seems to have been ruined. They're in the "let's just be friends" stage! I had really gotten used to the idea of fry and was very excited, so the fact that they stopped has me sad. Roxanne dropped only a few eggs (maybe a dozen) and it doesn't appear Roman did his part. I removed them, in hopes that there would be more... but there's not!

I turned up the temp a bit, and that didn't seem to help. Is there any way I can encourage these two to resume their former activities? :yeah:

Edited by thoughtsofjoy

hey joy I was reading a thread and daryl said somyhing about when there's a low pressure coming change water and make it a few degrees lower than usual and let it warm and it could encourage dropping eggs or spawning ...oo I'm gonna see if I can find it again :)

http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...gg+impaction..I hope this helps ....it was another one but here is another ..I think it may help bring on spawning as well ..tricking them :P

here a topic on spawning that has been pinned also http://www.kokosgoldfish.invisionzone.com/...amp;hl=spawning

Edited by hi-d

Oh jeez, Roxanne is dropping eggs!!! : :krazy:

I tied filter floss over the filter intake... now what do I do?!?!! :thud

joy I put my fry/eggs in a bucket without a filter for the first 2 weeks than I put them in a 10 with a filter mini..filter current may be too much for them in the first weeks in life (I did water changes with a turkey baster)and they need shallow water when they first hatch so they can go up for their first (breath of air )

See? You were watching the pot, so they didn't boil... Now they've boiled and you have to scramble!! :rofl

Best of luck, Hun!! I hope you get lots of babies!!! :heart

Debbie

How do I know if they're fertilized and worth all the trouble it will be to (pardon the term) fish them out?

I don't see that "black dot" that others have mentioned... should I pull them anyway just in case?