Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trinket

Mutts Ahoy

Thought it was time for updates :)

This is one tank of fry. They have 2 telescope eye parents (black demekin and calico tele) and were born same day as Sonny's fry. He will probably correct me on their exact age lol!

There are 5 in this tank. I have other fry too in other tanks but this one I call the "fry" tank as they are the littlest.

P1030164.jpg

P1030172.jpg

single tail one with half gold eyes!!P1030173.jpg

P1030183.jpgP1030171.jpgand my fave:P1030178.jpgP1030167.jpg

:D

They look great Trinket! Very well taken care of. :exactly

According to my records I found my babies on April 16, 2007 so I figure our fishes were born either on the 15th or 16th. :)

Thanks Sonny! So these are 11 months :)

Wow they are magnificent Imo! :heart You can tell that they are well cared for. :)

Thanks hun. Remember how I followed your fry thread with questions, hoping for my own fry? You taught me heaps :D That was an epic thread of yours :rofl

:lol I am glad it helped. My 2 fry are still very small, I don't know what happened. But they are alive and sweet and I guess that's all I can ask for. :)

The colors on those guys are GREAT! Color is a big problem with my fish.....

Do you have sunlight? Or special wavelengths?

I love the little telescopes. :)

Very very cute mutts, Imo! :D

Thankyou :heart the mini telescopes are cute and fun to see develop. Quite a few didn't get them at all.

The tank is in a horrible dark corner that gets no sunlight and even somehow doesn't seem to get room light so it has 11 watt lighting X 2 and that gets switched on at 6 am & off usually around 7pm. Then it is PITCH black poor babes. Rather like a deep well, they hang till morning and then do that little excited shuffle when the lights go on in the morning and they all find each other again. They are a great team, really friendly and often treadwater facing the same way in a little size arranged group with the smallest at the back...

Oh Trinks!! They're so cuuuute!!! :wub: I love the telescopes!! :heart:heart

Congratulations on a job well done!! You have beautiful babies!! :D Oh - correction - beautiful mutts!! :rolleyes:

Debs

Those are nice sized fry :D

How about a tank shot?

Edited by FishCrazy

Awwwww they are so sweet!! I like the orange tele too! :heart But it got me thinking: How's Biggles and Noddy these days????

Biggles and Noddy

were of the same mind

They had dark little hearts in

dark little bodies.

Biggles and Noddy

were of the same thought

and everyone knows

that thought was NAUGHTY!!! :o

The terrors of the tank

and their mother's despair

They made poor Trinket want

to pull out her hair

and their own father wished they

weren't there

As they pursued their nefarious plans

to be the naughtiest fish in Japan. :o:D

:rofl

Okay rachel, you won me over. That was great. Pix up soon of Biggles and Noddy (and don't foget Nipper) in the asylum.

And a tank shot for fishcrazy! :D

:D !

Yes they are a cute little bunch! So fun to raise fry, you'll never know what they will look like!

Exciting! And you have a single tailed telescope too, like my Presto!

I know, Stranger and Presto could be twins :D

Funny that you had two single tail parents and a few little double tails come out, & I had 2 double tail parents and some little single tails and it just makes them special, being different from the others.

Such precious wee ones. They are absolutely adorable. :)

They are very cute, love the colours, very special. I cant wait to see them grow up. I might give it a go this year, it all looks so hard!

Thx lantern :) and claire. Claire you should give it a go- who of yours would you pair up? your fish are all so colorful and beautiful, hard to choose I'm sure.

Rachel, pics of Biggles and Noddy the badboyz. I had such a time getting these shots!! :krazy: I have never seen fish wriggle, splat and jump as much as these two can as I put them in a clear bowl to take pics!! It's been a long time since they were handled I suppose - they were so angrily demonstrative about the whole affair :rolleyes:

Here they are with Highness Nips who was from another "trouble" of fry, so is several months younger and of different parentage..a siamese albino and a white telescope...yep...weird color result :D !

P1030203.jpgP1030205.jpgP1030206.jpg

Very, very miffed P1030204-1.jpg

And a tank shot of the fry tank for fc:P1030216.jpg

Oh, those pics are good!

How big are they now?

Biggles (and he is the biggest of all the fry) is a whopping 4 inches including tail. I knew he'd be big, he has the longer body. Noddy is chunkier and a better shape for a classic demekin shape.

:heart:heart:heart What adorable little thugs! :heart:heart:heart I love their little mugshots. You will need an extraction team to get them out of the bowl. :rofl

:heart:heart:heart What adorable little thugs! :heart:heart:heart I love their little mugshots. You will need an extraction team to get them out of the bowl. :rofl

LOL the look on their faces would make me belive they have teeth!!!!

They are bruisers, category "locked up to prevent harm to other fishes".....but I love them anyway :wub:

the tank looks really good...and the moors didn't like the bowl at all