Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sonny

Spring Checkup

We had a beautiful day here and I was working on the ponds in the garden. It wasa perfect opportunity to pull a few goldfish and check on them.

BlacksmithTrough.jpgBlackWhiteTelescope1.jpg

HorseTrough.jpgCalicoRanchu.jpg

FunkyRedRanchu.jpgJulius.jpg

Oranda.jpgRyukin3.jpg

Pondwithlotsofalgae.jpgFroghead.jpg

Ryukin1-1.jpgRyukin2-1.jpg

PassionFlower.jpgHibiscus.jpg

Wow Jim,your goldfish are STUNNERS! I am always in awe of your garden area. :heart

that is a great garden!!! how many acres do u have?

the fish so bright the outdoors does wonders to them :D

Alls I can say is WOW!! The colours are stunning, your pond is beautiful. I love your oranda.

Wow that oranda is just an absolute beaut!

:thud they are gorgeous!!! their colors are so bright and deep :heart i must say, your oranda and your ryukin below it are stunning beauties!!!! :druel

Thanks everyone! I am always amazed when I pull them out for pictures how big they have gotten.

how many acres do u have?

0.25 :exactly

What gorgeous goldies! And their homes aren't too shabby either! ;)

I have NEVER seen a bubble eye/celestial that big before. WOW! I am totally jealous! You have an amazing pond.

:druel:druel:druel

my fish are requesting that they move in with your babies... :P

Wow!..Very pretty..I must say I may come over to relax :rofl

I can see us now - all kokos members lined up round the sides of Jim's pond with glasses of champers and cubes of cheese on sticks, peering at the beautiful glimmering goldies...

I think your pond is very special Sonny, one of the nicest and calmest designs I have seen.

And Im glad your celestial made it through his first winter outside with flying colors by the looks of the size of him now :D

Thanks kindly for the comments.

I have NEVER seen a bubble eye/celestial that big before.

That fish used to be a Froghead. I have two of them. Since moving them to the bigger pond last year their bubbles have grown a bit and now I must agree with you, they are looking more like Celestials.

I can see us now - all kokos members lined up round the sides of Jim's pond with glasses of champers and cubes of cheese on sticks, peering at the beautiful glimmering goldies...

I think your pond is very special Sonny, one of the nicest and calmest designs I have seen.

And Im glad your celestial made it through his first winter outside with flying colors by the looks of the size of him now :D

Thanks Trinket! Let me say it would be a treat for me to host goldfish enthusiasts by the pond! They seem to be far and few between. Even when I participate in the local pond tour I don't find many goldfish people coming to visit. Mostly folks are interested in koi or 'water gardening' and not the fancy goldfish which are my true interest.

Since moving them to the bigger pond last year their bubbles have grown a bit and now I must agree with you, they are looking more like Celestials.

I mis-spoke (typed) above. I meant Bubble Eyes, not Celestials.

Your pond is beautiful! And the fish are gorgeous too.

I'm in Houston too, and am thinking about putting in a pond, but was worried about it getting too hot in summer.

Although, maybe if I dug up my entire back yard, I could build one as big as yours...

I'm in Houston too, and am thinking about putting in a pond, but was worried about it getting too hot in summer.

Although, maybe if I dug up my entire back yard, I could build one as big as yours...

Hi Cometgirl,

My big pond isn't really that big but it is fairly deep (about four feet). That helps moderate the temperature a lot. But I also have two container ponds. They are above ground and can get fairly warm. I've seen them as high as 90o F. I make sure they have lots of oxygen using airpumps and so far have not had any problems. It is not ideal but can work. You may want to consider going on the Pond Tour put on jointly by the Lone Star Koi Club and the Houston Pond Society. It is the first weekend in June and you can see how other Houston ponds are working. There is more info here: Lone Star Koi Club (Pond Tour).

I say we get plane tickets and start planning our vacation this yr!..Oh, sonny..we will need plenty of sunblock and yes must have cheese!

You may want to consider going on the Pond Tour put on jointly by the Lone Star Koi Club and the Houston Pond Society. It is the first weekend in June and you can see how other Houston ponds are working. There is more info here: Lone Star Koi Club (Pond Tour).

I will definitely check this out.

I have a soft spot for comets (it probably goes back to poor little goldfish in baggies at school carnivals), and I know my Ross will outgrow his 20 gal tank eventually. But this forum is making me appreciate fancy goldfish too. There are so many pictures of beautiful fish here!

I say we get plane tickets and start planning our vacation this yr!..Oh, sonny..we will need plenty of sunblock and yes must have cheese!

B.Y.O.B..... :D .. :rofl

B.Y.O.B..... :D .. :rofl

LOL! There are better places to vacation than Houston, that's for sure! But if you find yourself in town and want a goldfish fix just holler! Always lots of cheese and 'B' (from BYOB) here. :exactly Just don't want any accidents you know, like accidentally swimming with the fishes. :krazy:

You may want to consider going on the Pond Tour put on jointly by the Lone Star Koi Club and the Houston Pond Society. It is the first weekend in June and you can see how other Houston ponds are working. There is more info here: Lone Star Koi Club (Pond Tour).

I will definitely check this out.

I have a soft spot for comets (it probably goes back to poor little goldfish in baggies at school carnivals), and I know my Ross will outgrow his 20 gal tank eventually. But this forum is making me appreciate fancy goldfish too. There are so many pictures of beautiful fish here!

CometGirl, I like comets, commons, shubunkins too and have some of those as well. Wakin too. :rolleyes:

BigShubukin.jpg

I'm hopeless.