Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
magscat3161

A Little Video Clip Of K&k's Fry

To save my life I can't get a halfway decent pic of these babies so I put them in a bowl and took a few seconds worth of video of them. I did my first culling today and these were my top pics for this go round. This batch turned out a lot of weak fry and some deformed. These are the strongest and best of the bunch.

http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k21/mags...nt=KKbabies.flv

They are sooo freaking cute! :heart

LOL thanks jewels! One of those babies is going to An and another will be shipped to Nickie after they get some age on them!

Fry are so fun to raise but hard to raise I got eggs totally not expecting it got probably bout 500 fry hatched i had no filter but thankfully i had a heater. I now have 3 very slow growing fry.

These guys were laid when I moved their parents into a new tank. I kind of spoil them and wanted them to have their own space but they plastered eggs every where. So I took mom and dad out and caped the filter intake with a sponge. I was hoping most of them wouldn't hatch but most of them did. These guys were the biggest and best of the bunch.

awwww! they are adorable!!! they are forming lit'le schools already :wub:

They are sooo freaking cute! :heart

LOL thanks jewels! One of those babies is going to An and another will be shipped to Nickie after they get some age on them!

i cant thank you enough Olivia! :heart:heart thanks so much! :hugs:

Edited by love-rabbit-fish

So weeny! Is this the first time you raised fry Ryuu?

No the first brood of GF fry I raised was when I was 10. I lost a lot of those to crummy mistakes.

It's tricky. They are so fragile. I'm amazed you can transfer them at 8 days to a bowl. I was so terrified to do that.

Your 9 look very strong and I wish you lots of luck with them.

aww, they're so cute! They look kinda like little tadpoles lol. Adorable!

Did you count how many you kept?

haha they are so cute and adorable!!!

i wanna raise fry too!

:heart:heart:heart

Curious. My fry never "schooled" at 8 days. They were totally terrified of each other. Like there was an invisible boundary around each one. They never bumped with each other at all until they were at least a few months.

Olivia, how are the babies doing? :D We don't hear much from you anymore - I've been worried about you!

I hope everything is okay!! :hug

Debbie

Sorry I haven't been on much lately. I'm getting ready to move to Nevada at the end of the month and I've been busier than a cat covering it up trying to get all my ducks in a row. Three of the babies got their color. I sent all but two of them to a charity auction so they could find new homes for a good cause. I felt pretty bad about it though coz their all TINY. I didn't have much of a choice though coz I don't think they'd do well being shipped all the way to NV. I saved the two best for nickie and An and I'll be sending them their ways probably around the end of next week or so.

thank you so much Olivia! i can hardly wait LOL, this is going to be a LONGGGG week for me :rolleyes:

best of luck with the move! :D

Hmm interesting video, Olivia.

I've just had a batch of fry and they're 13 days old now. At 8 days old, they were soooo tiny and transparent, and looked nothing like yours which looked to be very solid. The way they swam is also nothing like yours. They swam very cautiously, always conserving energy, independently, & never forming a school unlike what yours did.

Here's what mine look like at 12 days old, still a looong way off from the size & solidity of your 8-day-old babies, I presume...

12-days-old-in-bucket-web.jpg

12-days-old-web.jpg

I sent all but two of them to a charity auction so they could find new homes for a good cause. I felt pretty bad about it though coz their all TINY. I didn't have much of a choice though coz I don't think they'd do well being shipped all the way to NV. I saved the two best for nickie and An and I'll be sending them their ways probably around the end of next week or so.

You sent 5 week old fry to a charity auction????!!!! :blink: That is the strangest thing I've read on this board in a long time. :Dont-Believe:

How about some updated pics of the fry you are saving for Nickie and An?