Sign in to follow this  
jamisskat

"wen Things Grow"

17 posts in this topic

I just did a WC in my main 55g..And I noticed how much Jasmine's Wen has grown over this winter..For about 2 months she kept getting white areas on each side of her wen never looked infected so I guess it was wen growth...When you look eye to eye her wen has grown massive amounts since Fall 07...I've also been pumping them with extra protein and more vegetables on a daily basis..Even Pumpkin's wen has grown..ALOT!...Heres some pics of Jasmine today..Oh, and her mouth has grown! My goodness she's actually able to eat part of my pinkie finger! :rofl

Heres her side view

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/Je...935/jaswen1.jpg

Top view

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/Je...935/jaswen2.jpg

And her huge eating machine!

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh64/Je...935/jaswen4.jpg

Holy COW that fishie has a huge pellet hole! :rofl

Nice wen growth too! I noticed my youngest has developed a great deal since October, and especially since moving to a larger tank! :happydance

Holy COW that fishie has a huge pellet hole! :rofl

:rofl Yeah, tell me about it!!!..When I went to grab her she litterly took in half my darn pinkie finger!

Yeah you can see in the mouth pic she's got a lovely lady hump on her head :rofl

No wonder she's growing so much look at the food chute she's got on her. It's not a pure oranda tho. It appears to be half oranda and half largemouth bass. I'd call that a bucketmouth. ;)

No wonder she's growing so much look at the food chute she's got on her. It's not a pure oranda tho. It appears to be half oranda and half largemouth bass. I'd call that a bucketmouth. ;)

LOL...I hear ya!..Sorry I wasn't on I'm not feeling to well tonight :ill

I hear ya I got a cold right now but thats the things it's canada it's not if you have a cold but how bad of a cold you have. I hope you feel better soon. But really that is a big mouth for a goldy.

I hear ya I got a cold right now but thats the things it's canada it's not if you have a cold but how bad of a cold you have. I hope you feel better soon. But really that is a big mouth for a goldy.

lol... she's always had a big mouth just keeps getting bigger as she grows.. :blink: I think she's going to be a good size fish one day..I'm going to go lay down.. :(

With a mouth like that she can eat and eat and eat and eat which will make her grow and grow and grow and grow and poop and poop and poop and poop and you'll be doing water change after water change after water change after water change. You catch my drift. Get better soon.

Nice wem growth....I don't like to touch them..it feels so wierd..

Bandit is a crowned pearlscale..he has a lil wen

With a mouth like that she can eat and eat and eat and eat which will make her grow and grow and grow and grow and poop and poop and poop and poop and you'll be doing water change after water change after water change after water change. You catch my drift. Get better soon.

I woke up this morning and seen this and it made my laugh!..That's sooo true...I've noticed her growth has changed since feeding the Gel food...

Does gel food make a big difference i've never fed it or made. Doesn't it really stink as bad as people say?

Does gel food make a big difference i've never fed it or made. Doesn't it really stink as bad as people say?

Hi there!..I've seen a growth spurt on all my fish since feeding them Gel food..I make several kinds pure veggies and some with everything.. the veggie gel food doesn't smell bad.. I mean it's not a wonderful smell but when you add the protein like blood-worms and stuff like that it's a stinker! :rofl

I'm gonna have to give it a try. What type of veggies you use or does it matter. Can you add like beef and pork and other types of meat for the fish? I didn't think that pure veggies would smell bad.

I'm gonna have to give it a try. What type of veggies you use or does it matter. Can you add like beef and pork and other types of meat for the fish? I didn't think that pure veggies would smell bad.

I don't know about beef and all..I just use fresh blood-worm,krill,brine,tuna(oil-free)..peppers,baby-foods..like greens,fruit..etc..

I was just wondering if it be ok because you always have a bit of freezer burnt food and maybe it could be useful for goldies.

awesome pics!! She kinda reminds me of Zap, she can take my finger in her mouth too lol

Edited by Shamu23