Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MommySam0618

? For Those Of You Who Have Big Tanks

I use buckets. I can only carry 2 gallons at a time, so I do a lot of walking. But it is good for me. I walk quite a distance, each day changing tanks. Lifting the buckets of water is also as good as doing free weights at the gym - so I get tons of exersize doing something that is good for the fish!! 2 gallons of water is 16ish pounds I lift. Just think of it as your own private gym and health club all rolled into one!

:)

How funny that someone besides my goofy self would see taking care of the tanks as good exercise!! :rofl

I certainly agree with you, if it weren't for my fish I'd get no exercise at all...

daryl, do you have a pedometer? It'd be interesting to see how many steps you take a day changing all that water!

I'd agree with the others--Python all the way!

I'm a bucket gal. I have a system of 3 large HomeDepot buckets for removing water, and one small bucket for filling. I fill two, then while the third is filling I dump them either in the toilet, or outdoors in the summer. Works good. And you are quite right about it being excercise!! Hehehe. Muscle work!

I use 32g. Rubbermaid trash barrels on wheels. I keep them stacked in my closet and fill them from my shower the night beofre I change water. I treat with Prime, even though I allow the water to age, but the aging does permit the temp. to adjust to close to what the tanks are. Then I siphon aquarium water out the window onto my hydrangeas, below. I plop a pump into the barrels and pump fresh water into the tanks. The only "schlepping" is rolling the barrels with approx. 200 pounds of water each, from the shower to my office where the tanks are.

CK

I use something similar to the Python, it's Lee's gravel vac. I like it as it isn't open on the end. It has a protective grill so that your fish cannot get sucked up accidentally. :)

I have that one too!! I love the cleaning claw!!!! I've heard way too many stories about fishies getting sucked up, at least this way u dont have to watch it constantly