Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CometSue

Putting New Floating Plants In The Tank

So Tommorow i'm going down to the zen garden to pick up my new lotus plant,and the water lettuce.And yes i'm putting them in my goldfish tank.I think i'll put the lotus in the center.I bet it'll look incredible.I just want something new,That will make everything a little more natural like my pond.The way i have it set up now looks so mainstream and sterlie,even with the new painting of various goldfish.I suppose if i added so driftwood that'd help the look of it a bit more.lol.I guess i'll post some pics tommorow. :)

I can't wait to see it!!! I have never seen floating plants I don't think. :blink: I would love to try that!!!

ohhh lucky girl Water Lettuce grows like a weed and is band in some states in the US i can't get it in Australia so have fun with it. Your nitrates will be almost 0 the amount of waste they absorb is unbelievable.

Lol i'm actually in one of the states there band in.Fortunatly enough some of the pet stores still sell it.I didnt get my water lotus.Apparently they cant stand any level of salt.But the water lettuce is in there.Unfortunatly I didnt get a chance to take any pics today.Maybe tommorow.I did a water test about 20 minutes ago.There's seriously no level of nitrates.LOL.I also got some Water Hyacinth,but it's in the QT tank because i'm not sure if i like it yet.It's got black roots,and there rather unpleasent to look at.Maybe i'll put it in my filter.LOL.

Ok so heres some pics,the water lettuce is doing very well,but i must admit with this one mildred just cant help herself,she must snack on occasion.(which is fine with me it's pretty good for them)The water Hyacinth went in the filter.I cant wait for my new tank to get here!

sue008.jpg

sue007.jpg

Excellent! ^_^ Looks fantastic. Y'know, if it grows too much and you need to prune it, I wouldn't mind taking a bit off your hands.

LOL,you hit that right on the nose.It seems to be an all you can eat buffet.I dont mind though the plants remain virtually unharmed,and mildred rihoko and duy are very happy fish.lol.The plants in my filter are really bringing the nitrate levels down to nothing-ness.lol.And i cant wait for the water lettuce to start spreading across the top!

Your floating plants look great! Do you have any problems with them flying around due to the filter current?

Edited by Selena

Your floating plants look great! Do you have any problems with them flying around due to the filter current?

Thank you!I love them.They dont move alot.When mildred snacks on one she drags it to the middle of the tank and it goes right back to left corner of the tank.