Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lolafish

A Reminder Of Where To Buy Fish Tanks Cheap!

You've heard it before, but never discount Craigslist! I just bought two used tanks today for $15! I've also on occasion found them for free. Craigslist is wonderful!

I found these two tanks (a 10 gallon and 20 gallon), by posting in the "wanted" section of my local craigslist pages. I am still getting leads for free and reduced pricing tanks! You could find exactly what you are looking for at a fraction of what you'll pay new.

I love it!

Wow up here in montreal on Craigslist I seen aquariums and theres the same price as buying a new one :(

Wow up here in montreal on Craigslist I seen aquariums and theres the same price as buying a new one :(

You have to do the searches. I always use the "search" feature, and put in:

fish tank

aquarium

I searched "fish tank" in your area, and found this:

http://montreal.craigslist.ca/for/502168919.html

I would email and make an offer on something. Ya never know! Again..the wanted section is the best. You never know what someone has sitting in their garage, and never thought anyone would be interested in.

Ive also gotten a used tank thru craigslist. Pretty good deal too, 10 gallon tank, 2 filters (not quite sure how strong, but in working condition), decor (rock wall, some plastic plants, and gravel), AND fish (the tropicals I have in my sig that I'm not trying to get rid of)! All for 10 bucks! Plus, the tank had been running for several years, and it was definitely all cycled, so I had media to help jumpstart the cycle on my other tanks.

So yeah, always check out CL first and you'll find some awesome deals, right now I'm looking for a cheap stand that'll accomodate a 30 gallon long tank that I got (also a good deal, 7 bucks! at a thrift store).

I agree. I got my 75 gallon with stand, canopy, rocks, lighting and filter for $200. Excellent deal.

Guest Ethan25

that's where I got my 46 gallon bowfront with stand, light and filters for $200.

I never really thought about getting a used tank because I would be scared of what kinda junk would be on it. What do you clean it with Lola?

Guest bikeboy19

I use to check CL every day for a tank two months ago, which always had great deals, and then one night my girl friend pointed and asked "whats that". And thats when I found my perfect forty gallon tall aquarim sitting next to the dumpster in the alley behind my house, I cleaned it with bleach water and filled to check for leaks and now I couldn't be happier. But i still check CL for a 29 gal for my gf comet daily

I love Craigslist! I have purchased AND sold a lot of tanks on there thru the years! :)

I never really thought about getting a used tank because I would be scared of what kinda junk would be on it. What do you clean it with Lola?

I soak them for 24 hours or so in a PP solution. Works great!

Thanks Lola I emailed the seller... I want the 5.5 for my betta :)

Luckie i go on there but all the tanks are big 300 gallon tanks with saltwater fish... :(