Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Lolafish

Omg! It Cycled!

I've been waiting since Oct. 31st for this 45g. QT tank to cycle, and it cycled today!

I had tried using Stability a week ago becuz I was stuck on Nitrites......and then both Seachem and Marineland told me to stop feeding it ammonia (I had switched to a fishless cycle) but keep using "their" product. Well, I stopped both, the ammonia, and the Stability! The last time I tested was when I stopped the Stability (but I did add ammonia that day):

Jan. 7

Am - 0

Nitrite - 5ppm

PH - 7.9

Jan. 9

Am - 0

Nitrite - 0

Nitrate - 40+

KH - 100+

GH - 200+

PH - 7.9

I am so excited! I'm going to do a large water change, and add 2 fish.

This is very good news.

WOOT!!!!! I am so happy for ya! You need some good news right now and this is wonderful!!!! :nana

I'm going to put my 2 healthiest fish in it....Sumo and Tiberius. This should help out the 55, which is days away from cycling too.

It'll be so much easier to treat the tanks for Flukes too, since I've had plants in both of them - and I'll have to do less WC's so I'm not wasting the Prazi.

Guest DeAnna

Yay!!!Way to go Lolafish!! :bingo:

I have a question for you though, because I am doing a fishless cycle and am in the same boat as you: being stuck on no ammonia, high nitrites and very little nitrates. I have been adding daily smaller amounts of ammonia, but should I stop like you did? :krazy:

Isn't that a great feeling? Congrats on your newly cycled tank! I LOVE your avatar by the way, that is a halarious picture!

YAY! I will be cycling my 40 gallon soon, I started it... but I lost a fish to disease in there and I had to nuke the tank. So, starting over and waiting! ]:

I have a question for you though, because I am doing a fishless cycle and am in the same boat as you: being stuck on no ammonia, high nitrites and very little nitrates. I have been adding daily smaller amounts of ammonia, but should I stop like you did? :krazy:

Not sure. Maybe it depends on how much time has passed. Maybe the "Stability" helped? I don't know. I just know that I went from 5ppm Nitrites to 0 Nitrites in 2 days....and the only thing I did differently was skip a day of adding ammonia. It could have been ready to cycle anyway though.

Well, I moved 3 fish, instead of 2. The reason being...Oscar, Lola, and Shinobi all have blood streaked tails, and I need to keep a close eye on them. The rest are very healthy, so far, so it makes sense to separate them from the less-healthy fish. Since I was feeding the QT tank 4.5ml of ammonia a day (processing approx. 3-4ppm ammonia levels), it should be able to handle the load. I have a ton of media in it!

I'll post a pic tomorrow night. It's not pretty though. :rofl

congrats!!!

Another cycled tank? CONGRATS!!!!!!

It was on the verge yesterday...so no surprise there. I only have a couple fish in it now. Oscar and Shinobi.

Congratulations!!!! TWO tanks!! :bighug

:redbanana::clapping::rockon:panana:goodjob:pianobanana:bounce:Jig::greenbanana::nana

Now come over to my house and do mine!!! :rofl

Debbie

PS - We'd all like some pictures!! :D

Guest DeAnna

Thanks lolafish, I just have to be more patient I guess :rolleyes: Congrats on your second tank though!!!! :D

Glad your tanks cycled Lolafish :)

DeAnna,

I'm in the same boat you are..patiently waiting and waiting and waiting..

Carli

Now come over to my house and do mine!!! :rofl

:rofl:rofl:rofl

Yeah, let me get right on that. ;)

cuz I'm such the expert. NOT!!!! ;)

:redbanana::clapping::rockon:panana:goodjob:pianobanana:bounce:Jig::greenbanana::nana

Debbie, this guy... :happydance wants to know why he wasn't invited to the party......

Debbie, this guy... :happydance wants to know why he wasn't invited to the party......

:yikes:thud:( How did I forget that li'l guy??? He's my FAVORITE!!! I'm sorry li'l guy!! Please forgive me!! :please:cry

Here's the 45g: (rubbermaid)

45gtank2.jpg

Close Up:

It's kind of a catch all right now of my media that goes in the 125g. If you look closely, the 3 blackies are in the upper right corner

45gtank1.jpg

man you make me want my pond back :)