Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mojer21

Hey Guys, I Got New Oranda From Lfs!

tell me what you think :) sorry for the quality, it was taken by my cam phone.

m01a0518pm9.jpg

m01a0520yt9.jpg

m01a0522rz9.jpg

Edited by Jeff

She looks pretty. You didn't QT, huh? Hopefully your LFS takes excellent care of their fish.

Good luck with her!!!! She looks nice and healthy.

She looks pretty. You didn't QT, huh? Hopefully your LFS takes excellent care of their fish.

Good luck with her!!!! She looks nice and healthy.

yea i really have no room for an extra tank, but i dumped in prazipro and going to salt 0.3%. hope that works out.

Edited by Jeff

Shes very pretty ! Congrats. Good luck with her. I love your tank.

Sometimes when we have no extra space for a QT or hospital tank we use the large Rubbermaid tubs. Getting a new fish is fun, but I need to really stress QT'ing new fish. They may look great and healthy, but any new fish, especially from LFS, have a very good chance of carrying something, either parasites or an illness and its horrible to read of members exposing all of their fish to these problems. It looks like you took some precautions with treating the tank, but that can become expensive when the tank is large and it exposes fish to meds when they don't need them. Just a little info when you need to QT again!

what a nice looking oranda he/she has a great wen

thanks guys, well the fish does look kinda girly but its really a manly oranda underneath! Also, sorry for not QTing! I feel like i commited the cardinal sin of fish keeping. :badidea Ill cross my fingers HE gets through the month without symptoms. ill post a vid later. :pianobanana

Edited by Jeff

You sure wouldn't be the first to make a mistake on this forum, Jeff! :exactly However, many that come here with mistakes of their own often forget that they did. Good luck to you and your fish!!!

I hope I did not make you feel like you committed the cardinal sin of fish keeping as that was not my intention, but only emphasizing how important QT'ing a fish is. I was ony trying to help you with the info for future fish purchases as I have seen members loose fish by introducing a new fish without the QT time. Little issues like ick in a new fish can spread like wildfire in a tank. Sorry if I offened anyone.

I hope I did not make you feel like you committed the cardinal sin of fish keeping as that was not my intention, but only emphasizing how important QT'ing a fish is. I was ony trying to help you with the info for future fish purchases as I have seen members loose fish by introducing a new fish without the QT time. Little issues like ick in a new fish can spread like wildfire in a tank. Sorry if I offened anyone.

Oh, Hon! I wasn't talking about anyone in particular! I am so sorry if you thought I meant you! :unsure: I have just noticed that some people on the forum DO PREACH to others and they forget what it was like when they were first starting out as fish keepers. There are also some who are STILL making simple mistakes and STILL preach to others about the same mistakes they are making! LOL!

I am sorry! Don't mean to "go off and stand on my soap box"; it is just a sore point with me.

cute fishie, he's got a nice little wen already! I also love ur moor!

I can picture him a HE, with a white, snowy beard. I hope he keeps his white area on his face. That's my favorite part about HIM. :teehee