Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shamu23

Grossest Thing

So far I would have to say, the grossest thing I found in my fish tank was a white cottony ball of muck growing under a semi hallow ornament.

A HUGE dead spider in my turtle's tank once...so gross!

Chrissy

What !!! the spider or the turtle was so gross? LOL

I came into work one day and found that the saltwater aquarium was missing the little clownfish. I took out everything and shook it. Good. Three times. I disassembled filters, I pushed around substrate, I looked behind the aquarium and all over the floor. Nothing. I knew it couldn't just disappear, but I had looked everywhere I could think of and simply couldn't find it. About a week later, the whole tank was one big cloudy mess. I knew it was that poor little clownfish. I took out everything again and went through the whole process of looking again. Out of one of the shells popped a little tiny fish skeleton head and some bits of orange skin. Ugh! It had swum into the shell and gotten stuck. The little fish didn't even come out when I shook the heck out of the shell. Disgusting, but I felt so bad for the little thing too!

That is why I count them every time I feed them.

According to my sister that's the beginning of OCD :rofl . Better save then sorry :exactly

The grossest thing i ever found in my tank... hmmm...

I was on vaccation for a couple weeks. I had left my tank with an automatic feeder like i do every time i go away. When we came home, I noticed all the clocks were flashing like the power had gone out. I got to my room and I heard this awful dry noise. It was my filter running dry. When the power went out, the filter had drained completely and when it came back on, it had no suciton power to resume filtering. The automatic feeder just kept going and going with no filter. So anyway, gross part was all my dead rotting fish :cry1 every single one was dead. I was especially uspet because my 8 year old common goldie Bob was in there. *sigh* but that was years ago.

Another story though...... The wierdest thing I DIDNT find in my tank. I had a small tank with two cichlids in it. One was about three or four times bigger than the other. They were great for many many months but then one day, the littlest fishy was gone. I searched everywhere for him and he never turned up. I'm pretty sure the big one ate him because there is no other explanation. Unless i had a magician for a fish.......

I get that gunky green stuff on the bottom of my 29 gallon canopy every week! I dont know how to get rid of it, I just wipe it off and it keeps coming back, and some of the fish poop colelcts near the top and is all stuck to the glass above the water, its pretty gross cleaning that off too, and that only happens with my 29 gallons, cause its underfiltered I guess, ut not for long hopefully.

The grossest thing I found was...

one of my Platies had died in the night, he was stuck to the filter tube and one of the goldies had munched on his face. It was pretty nasty.

An anchor worm on Mars. But it was a good learning experience to know that I can perform a fairly intricate removal on a fish. It wasn't that bad. I'm a future biologist so I've dealt with a lot of gross things. Like those fish skeletons that you guys have found, I would have had fun cleaning and observing it. Sketching it and the such, taking pictures. I had found a bat skeleton once, 100% in tact. It was the coolest thing in the world!

I found a butterfly floating by in the tank, it was dead.

Some time later I found another butterfly, exactly like the first one.

When I took it out of the water it was alive! It sat and dried for a while and then flew off!

I took pics of it!

Picture26863.jpg

Sad about the first one though...

I find these worms in my tank sometimes. They gross me out. I don't even know how the heck they get in there! I think they are made from bacteria or something. Its gross.