Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jamisskat

Yippyyyyy!

Im sooo happy I could run around our yard even though is flipping freezing outside :rofl .. Tonight I did my water change.. and for the first time Jasmine came to my hand and sat there and let me rub her head.. I Know i shouldnt do this all the time.. but this is the first she has just 'sat there.. and acted like she enjoyed it ... She kept coming back and letting me rub her wen and BTW its gross feeling! (LOL).. but, shes sure was sent to me.. Peachy sent her :rolleyes: but im sooooo happy.. Had to post this.. LOL.. I have to say.... Jasmine sure is growing in my heart.. The place I got her was where I bought the Panda today.. the fish guy asked how she was doing.. I cant believe He rememberd me... I told him she was fine and growing.. Im going to take a pic to him.. Where's Eric?.. he knows all about that fish touching... now I see his excitment.. :)

Aww, that is so sweet! Neither of my fish will let me touch them, unless you count Jaws tail slapping me sometimes! LOL!

well everytime i turn off everything to do a water change all my fish go to the bottom as the big scary tube thing sucks out water...

well everytime i turn off everything to do a water change all my fish go to the bottom as the big scary tube thing sucks out water...

LOL.. yeah I figured that Jasmine would to after her little run in with the gravel washer.. lol.. she healed well all the black healed skin has finally turned orange with no infections.. And guess what? Pumpkin did the same darn thing!.. except he was small enough he didnt get stuck head first... my fish like the gravel washer alittle to well :krazy:

Congrat Jewels! that must have felt awesome! i wish my fish would trust me like that :rolleyes:

btw, how does the wen feel like, squishy and jellowy? i just have to know LOL

Congrat Jewels! that must have felt awesome! i wish my fish would trust me like that :rolleyes:

it fells really squishy...

Its very soft feels like jello under the water.. My daughter Briana fills the tank up after water changes and she just luvs to feel the wen.. Every Oranda has a differant feeling wen.. peachys was more compact and hers felt kinda tough.. Jasmine's is very soft..

Jewels -You have no idea how happy I am that you are given this opportunity to experience a Punch event.... I am so very happy for you - You have no idea how that made my day!!!!!

Well you remember the saga of Punch;

and

They have feeling in the Wen - and right under the chin as well - REALLY!!

What is great about this - for you- if something like a problem on the skin or scales occurs - it makes it a heck of a lot easier to inspect the fish in closer detail - ya know???

Be careful, clean hands (I actually had an untraviolet wand set upfor my hands before I petted him) ; and at the same time you can botrh enjoy a real mystery of nature - What is great is you will feel the slime coat and know the days he is healthy - and the days when he does not feel so great and the coat is thin - those are the times you hold off on the interaction; You will know how well Slime coat - API product - really works!!!!

ENJOY YOUR LITTLE FRIEND - that is the way Punch started with me. Then he started burrowing into the gravel when I was putting plants in - to get petted - very unreal!!!

Im sooo happy I could run around our yard even though is flipping freezing outside :rofl .. Tonight I did my water change.. and for the first time Jasmine came to my hand and sat there and let me rub her head.. I Know i shouldnt do this all the time.. but this is the first she has just 'sat there.. and acted like she enjoyed it ... She kept coming back and letting me rub her wen and BTW its gross feeling! (LOL).. but, shes sure was sent to me.. Peachy sent her :rolleyes: but im sooooo happy.. Had to post this.. LOL.. I have to say.... Jasmine sure is growing in my heart.. The place I got her was where I bought the Panda today.. the fish guy asked how she was doing.. I cant believe He rememberd me... I told him she was fine and growing.. Im going to take a pic to him.. Where's Eric?.. he knows all about that fish touching... now I see his excitment.. :)

"BTW its gross feeling! (LOL).. " I am glad Punch cannot read!!!!LOL Think of it as a meadow of pussywillows - LOL

Just wondering, eric , in the first video you posetd, how many gallons is that tank? It looks a good size for me :D

That tank is a 28 gallon. I have 4 28 gallon the other threee I use for spawning tanks or for emergencies - 4 55 gallon and a 75 gallon.

Punch has his tank all to him self. We decided he lived to long without a tank partner and he enjoys his humnan friends - I will hold the line on breeding with a fish LOL - But the 28 gallon is perfect for him - reach in and out easily and large enough to plant and have fun with diffewrent looks - while giving him space...

Thankyou Eric.. BTW I got ur email last night on you tube.. I wrote that back when Peachy was alive.. but yes, i wash my hands free of lotions and stuff.. and I use very hot water.. Jasmine has always been very interested in my hands and she's always watching me it seems.. I believe deep down they do enjoy human contact.. just some fish have a better personality.... or are just simply more curious.. When I bought Jasmine Not only did I watch for diseases and stuff like that but I always look for a fish who seems curious about people.. Jasmine would come up to my hand in the store and if I moved from one side or another she would follow.. I litterly sat there on my rump(LOL).. watching her.. and every 10mins the guy would say "are you ready?''.. and I said nope.. still looking!(LOL).. so he left me there to investigate.. :rofl but anyways, since she's been home shes always been very curious and the hands.. I like to sit there and just put my hand in the water and she comes over to kiss me'.. but I was thrilled when she actually allowed me to "pet her"..and she kept coming back for more! :rolleyes: I know its not good to touch them all the time but I dont see anything wrong with occasionly touching them.. although Jasmine is awaiting for her nightly wen rub! :yeah:

EDIT.. yeah forgot to add that yes having a fish who likes the hand does make for easier handling!.. plus.. reading that other thread on goldfish teeth.. I knda want to hold her and give her an oral exam of her pearlies! :D

Edited by jewels

Maybe we can get our minds together and engineer an electric aquapup brush for dental hygene - with a water pick for those impacted items or hard to reach areas. - LOL

Maybe we can get our minds together and engineer an electric aquapup brush for dental hygene - with a water pick for those impacted items or hard to reach areas. - LOL

Oh man that would be great! LOL.. then SS would really consider us disabled! :rofl gezz its time to put the ol' thinking cap on.. Eric you are officially my team member!..

LOL - you don't know what is on the other end when you grab a furry striped twitching tail - LOL - I am honored to be on the team!!

oh so so sweet. post a pic if ya can. my fish sorta run away. didnt even no that ya can hand feed ya fish till i found this forum

Great news Jewels. My pond fish like to swim around me when I'm working in the pond. They even let me hold them a little under the water which is very cool. My indoor fish are all scaredy-cats though. The new Ranchu and oranda like to feed from my hands but I can't really hold them.