Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HNLim

Pictures Of Nice Oranda

whoa... that tricolor oranda has the most impressive body conformation I've seen of ANY oranda!

And to think almost all of the azuma nishiki I've seen before have so-so conformations...

no, really, you have to share your SECRETS, darnit!

whoa... that tricolor oranda has the most impressive body conformation I've seen of ANY oranda!

And to think almost all of the azuma nishiki I've seen before have so-so conformations...

no, really, you have to share your SECRETS, darnit!

She lost out to this guy:

6oxev6d.jpg

She lost out to this guy:

6oxev6d.jpg

72gm7x2.jpg

Bah. Yours still had a more compact overall form. The black one's belly wasn't as fully rounded as your tricolor

Bah. Yours still had a more compact overall form. The black one's belly wasn't as fully rounded as your tricolor

The tri-colour one is female and the black one is male.

Here is another one. This one belongs to me and picture was taken at the farm just before I bought it.

6k9korc.jpg

whoa. nice broadtail oranda!

so I take it your fish was carrying eggs at the time?

whoa. nice broadtail oranda!

so I take it your fish was carrying eggs at the time?

This two fella actually did spawn but the offsprings are nothing close to their parents. In the end I gave them up.

Here is another oranda that I bought. This batch of oranda is being sold for S$150/- when they were first brought in. After several weeks in the LFS, I noticed this fella and as usual in my country we always bargain for the best price. Being a left-over, the shop owner thinking that he has gotton rid of an extra stock and sold me for $35/- as they had a frest shipment the previous day. The shopwas flooded with several hubndreds of new shipment of ranchus and orandas.

This picture was taken 3 weeks after QT. This fella went on th capture second prize at the 1st Singapore Goldfish Festivel 2007 in September.

7w56b5x.jpg

6o3p6rs.jpg

Oh!!! BTW, If you like his colour pattern, he has become a full red oranda now. This is how he looks like during the competition.

6ldzakl.jpg

Darn, Mr. Lim, that tri color from the previous page is beautiful! No such luck finding such a deep bodied oranda in that color pattern - they are all slim and thin. Red or red white oranda are easier to find in the dep body confirmation, but not tri colors or, even worse, calicos.

Beautiful fish you have there! :thumbs:

Darn, Mr. Lim, that tri color from the previous page is beautiful! No such luck finding such a deep bodied oranda in that color pattern - they are all slim and thin. Red or red white oranda are easier to find in the dep body confirmation, but not tri colors or, even worse, calicos.

Beautiful fish you have there! :thumbs:

I am not very fond of tri colour or calico oranda, but I know of someone breeding excellent tri colour and calico oranda. I still love black, full red or red/white oranda.

^no problem... I'll take that "unwanted" tricolor oranda out of your hands. :D

You prepared to cross ocean just for that?

Oh, you have no idea how routinely we members here at Koko's cross oceans and continents just to steal other members' fish.

you poor, unwary man... you should have known better than to post pics that will start a plague of fish envy here... :crazy:

Oh, you have no idea how routinely we members here at Koko's cross oceans and continents just to steal other members' fish.

you poor, unwary man... you should have known better than to post pics that will start a plague of fish envy here... :crazy:

SEE NO TOUCH Heheheheh!!!!!!!

This is not mine. Winner at one of the many Japanese Oranda Competition.

32_Oranda01_1.jpg

^no side-view pic of that one?

The Japanese believe in appreciating their goldfish and koi from the top. Picture taken from competition bowl, moreover this is not mine. Sorry no side view picture.

Compensate with picture of another oranda. This one also not mine. Junior Champion Class A at the 1st Singapore Goldfish festival 2007.

7wtp5ox.jpg

Edited by HNLim

Here is another cheap crescent tail oranda that used to belongs to me.

8a04jgi.jpg

The red/black oranda is stunning, so is the pattern on the top view red/white oranda. I wonder if that black stays on that black/red? It looks like its receding from the belly upward just a tad.

Man Yu, there is probably a gigantic guard goldfish at Mr. Lim's door.... :rofl3

i heard Singapore has nice beaches are some fish from Mr. Lim that i could fish nap...

great fish...man...

The Japanese believe in appreciating their goldfish and koi from the top. Picture taken from competition bowl, moreover this is not mine. Sorry no side view picture.

I know that. I would've thought that rule was restricted to TOP-viewing varieties only... I didn't think that extended to orandas as well...

Man Yu, there is probably a gigantic guard goldfish at Mr. Lim's door....

Then I'd steal that one too. no prob...

i heard Singapore has nice beaches are some fish from Mr. Lim that i could fish nap...

great fish...man...

Not sure about the nice beaches as we hate the hot sun.

I know that. I would've thought that rule was restricted to TOP-viewing varieties only... I didn't think that extended to orandas as well...

Picture of oranda taken from the competition site. You can see the "number 1" position chip at the bottom of the bowl/basin.

This is how the last oranda that I posted looks like 6 months before the last picture that I posted.

7yho7dl.jpg