Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HNLim

Self-bred Oranda

how much pellet each fish get?

and how often do you do the water change?

It's good to learn from fish master... :)

Thanks.

About 20 to 25 small feed a day. I use auto feeder with a combination of some extra feed when ever I am around especially in the morning and night.

Wow 20 to 25 times? lol i only do twice a day.. i'm worry its going to have sbd....how much do you give everytime? just approximate?

how much pellet each fish get?

and how often do you do the water change?

It's good to learn from fish master... :)

Thanks.

I can share but I believe you cannot accept. If I tell you that I have forgotten when was the last time I change water, or that when will be my next water change, you will not believe me.

About 20 to 25 small feed a day. I use auto feeder with a combination of some extra feed when ever I am around especially in the morning and night.

Wow 20 to 25 times? lol i only do twice a day.. i'm worry its going to have sbd....how much do you give everytime? just approximate?

Too much food does not give your fish SBD. Poor water condition does.

and

I can share but I believe you cannot accept. If I tell you that I have forgotten when was the last time I change water, or that when will be my next water change, you will not believe me.

Aha! I knew it! The secret is INDEED in Singapore's water supply!

I'm gonna go there and steal me some water now... :iwill

Edited by Man Yu

I live in an apartment 6 floors above the ground. My fish are kept in either a 3ft plastic blue tub(2 of them) or a 3 ft tank. My 3 ft tank is where I keep all my better looking orandas and those fish that I like to view the most. The rest are kept in the 3ft tub. The second tub is left empty for emergency use. They are all housed in my balcony. I have 16 fish in my 3 ft tank and another 12 pieces in the tub. My orandas have never tasted life in a pond before.

These self-bred orandas started life in egg form in the same 3 ft tank since day one and they have not left the tank except for photo taking.

Can I ask, what are the other dimensions of your 3 ft tank (depth and height)? Do you know how many gallons or liters it holds? What kind of filtration do you use? I am fascinated that you are able to feed 25 times per day and change water so rarely and grow such beautiful, healthy fish. My fish want to be fed 25 times per day!!!

I live in an apartment 6 floors above the ground. My fish are kept in either a 3ft plastic blue tub(2 of them) or a 3 ft tank. My 3 ft tank is where I keep all my better looking orandas and those fish that I like to view the most. The rest are kept in the 3ft tub. The second tub is left empty for emergency use. They are all housed in my balcony. I have 16 fish in my 3 ft tank and another 12 pieces in the tub. My orandas have never tasted life in a pond before.

These self-bred orandas started life in egg form in the same 3 ft tank since day one and they have not left the tank except for photo taking.

Can I ask, what are the other dimensions of your 3 ft tank (depth and height)? Do you know how many gallons or liters it holds? What kind of filtration do you use? I am fascinated that you are able to feed 25 times per day and change water so rarely and grow such beautiful, healthy fish. My fish want to be fed 25 times per day!!!

My 3ft tank is the standard 3' x 1.5' x 1.5'. I use a 3' OHF with one layer of coral chips, one layer of sponge and one layer of white wool. I have a surface overflow which determine the level of the water of the tank/tub. They all flow into a sump tank which in itself has an overflow into the waste water outlet. The sump is where the pump is located and it feeds the 2 OHF at the upper tier of my tank and tub. My 2 tubs and one tank are all connected and is being served by just one pump.

I siphon off the waste in the tank once a day or maybe once in two days. I have a speially design trap to collect the waste so they do not "litter" all over the tank. I fill the entire system of two 3ft tubs and one 3 ft tank with 15 litres of water a day, some times once every 2 days. The excess water will overflow at the sump to the waste. An ideal set-up will be one where I can drip water directly from the tap into my system. This way I do not have to carry water every time I top up.

Hope this helps.

Edited by HNLim

Aha! I knew it! The secret is INDEED in Singapore's water supply!

I'm gonna go there and steal me some water now... :iwill

You will be better off migrating to Singapore.

what, and endure stratospherically high daily costs of living? :P

Guest sparky

wow ...u feed them 20 - 25 times a day- now thts a shocker! to think i was going to reduce my feeding from 3 times a day to 2!!lol! so whts the time interval between 2 of ur feeds? 1 hour or half an hour maybe?

wow ...u feed them 20 - 25 times a day- now thts a shocker! to think i was going to reduce my feeding from 3 times a day to 2!!lol! so whts the time interval between 2 of ur feeds? 1 hour or half an hour maybe?

Its not how often you feed but how much you feed.

what, and endure stratospherically high daily costs of living? :P

Its not expensive if you know how.

:thud they've grown into such beauties! are you going to keep all of them? i wouldnt mind giving one of them a home LOL, ;)

:thud they've grown into such beauties! are you going to keep all of them? i wouldnt mind giving one of them a home LOL, ;)

I have 25 pieces at the moment and I think my 3ft tub and 3ft tank should be able to accomodate all of them. I will be reducing the quantity but have great difficulty deciding which to give up. Maybe I might decide to make used of the empty tub to spread out the bio-load. The biggest one is about 5? inches now at 4? months old.

Here is the update of the orandas at 5 months old. The bigger ones are slightly over 6 inches long from head to tail.

14dhouq.jpg

2gwi9uo.jpg

qzqadh.jpg

bfjd4z.jpg

Alamak! 5 months and already 6 inches! All great looking also.

Planning to show them, Bro Lim?

Alamak! 5 months and already 6 inches! All great looking also.

Planning to show them, Bro Lim?

Didn't I just show them?

Aiya I mean goldfish comp lah. They're certainly in for a chance I reckon.

Aiya I mean goldfish comp lah. They're certainly in for a chance I reckon.

"Oh I see!" Anyway the competition is 2 months away and many things can happen by then. The fact that a self-bred oranda can grace a competition and compete with the best in the world is fulfillment in itself.

There are 3 classes for oranda and these few fellas should fall in the class B which I think is from 16 cm to 20 cm from head to tail by then.

Looks like if I want to enter for class A (from 10 cm to 16 cm), I will have to use those self-bred runt orandas.

I just wanted to say amazing fish! Their growth is really something neat to see!

Wow almost 6 inches in like 5 months....HOLY!!

What do you feed them?