Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HNLim

Self-bred Oranda

This is my favourite lousy self-bred oranda. After 2 months, there seems to be no improvement at all.

6z73csn.jpg

6ue1bw6.jpg

Well it looks like the wen did grow over the past 2 months. Beautiful fish! Its body is so round and compact.

HnLim, I would take any of your self bred fish over the crap I see here in local stores any time of day! :heart Here in the US, we see a lot of long bodied orandas as the "new thing", and I just hate it. In my opinion, an oranda needs to have a deep body, otherwise it just looks ugly. Its so hard to shop for any good oranda these days.

At 9 weeks, this is how they look. Not much change in shape but much increased in size. Now left about 20 pcs from the original 40.

6q27a5k.jpg

834ar94.jpg

6tkcg2a.jpg

HnLim, I would take any of your self bred fish over the crap I see here in local stores any time of day! :heart Here in the US, we see a lot of long bodied orandas as the "new thing", and I just hate it. In my opinion, an oranda needs to have a deep body, otherwise it just looks ugly. Its so hard to shop for any good oranda these days.

Amen! I love deep bodied orandas and they are impossible to find!

This is the update of some of the self-bred oranda at 3 months after hatching.

ok7u6b.jpg

11t0jll.jpg

Almost 11 cm long now

:thud they are gorgeous and very cute! they grow so fast, they are bigger than the fish i had for atleast 4 months LOL :heart Edited by love-rabbit-fish

Amen! I love deep bodied orandas and they are impossible to find!

lol i think we all have different tastes, i prefer the longer bodied ones, but maybe that's just because they're the only kind i've ever owned?

your fish are gorgeous though. :heart

OMG.

i love their deep bodies.

and their little tails.

and their ADORABLE little fishie faces.

:D

Love at first sight.

Here is how they look at 4 months old.

2zevtdk.jpg

Size is 12.8 (5 inches) long

23wsi1k.jpg

All I can say is "Beautiful"! You are doing an excellent job with them, HnLim! I wonder - they are usually raised in a pond, and only put into a tank for photography reasons? Those are just so fat and perfect. Any US breeders should take a hard and long look at whatever quality they are breeding.

5 inches long in 4 months??? That's crazy :krazy:

All I can say is "Beautiful"! You are doing an excellent job with them, HnLim! I wonder - they are usually raised in a pond, and only put into a tank for photography reasons? Those are just so fat and perfect. Any US breeders should take a hard and long look at whatever quality they are breeding.

I live in an apartment 6 floors above the ground. My fish are kept in either a 3ft plastic blue tub(2 of them) or a 3 ft tank. My 3 ft tank is where I keep all my better looking orandas and those fish that I like to view the most. The rest are kept in the 3ft tub. The second tub is left empty for emergency use. They are all housed in my balcony. I have 16 fish in my 3 ft tank and another 12 pieces in the tub. My orandas have never tasted life in a pond before.

These self-bred orandas started life in egg form in the same 3 ft tank since day one and they have not left the tank except for photo taking.

Hope this answers your query.

aha... the secret must be in Singapore's water supply! That's it! :bingo:

naah... it's probably more likely because our dear HNLim has more time and patience devoted to his fish while the rest of us are content to dump our charges in their tanks and toss them the occasional morsel and change the water every now and then (or when we feel like it). :goodjob

wow they're awesome for being unintentional!! :D

They are sooooooooooo pretty!!!

is there any secrets to having ur goldfish grow so fast !! my goldfish doesn't grow way slower then urs... ur oranda's turns huge... what do you feed ur fishes??

is there any secrets to having ur goldfish grow so fast !! my goldfish doesn't grow way slower then urs... ur oranda's turns huge... what do you feed ur fishes??

I feed them the normal pellet food. Baby Koi pellets to be exact. The smaller the pellet, the better.

I feed them the normal pellet food. Baby Koi pellets to be exact. The smaller the pellet, the better.

How often and how much pellet for each feed per fish? Thanks.

How often and how much pellet for each feed per fish? Thanks.

About 20 to 25 small feed a day. I use auto feeder with a combination of some extra feed when ever I am around especially in the morning and night.