Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
HNLim

Self-bred Oranda

At what point do you cull those many thousands, and how do you do it"

Oliver

Wow that is alot of fry :yikes :

do you have a sponge filter running???

Wow! That is a ton of fry!! You're going to need a couple big tanks for all those babies! I want one!

At what point do you cull those many thousands, and how do you do it"

Oliver

I have already started culling and about 100+ pieces have been culled today. :thumbs:
Wow that is alot of fry :

do you have a sponge filter running???

I have an overhead filter which used a strainer to prevent the fries from being sucked into the filter. :bath
Wow! That is a ton of fry!! You're going to need a couple big tanks for all those babies! I want one!
You are welcome to have some but you will have to visit me first and that means crossing oceans. :peeka

You are welcome to have some but you will have to visit me first and that means crossing oceans. :peeka

Darn! Can't afford to go across the world for a fish. I'm sure they will be real beauties as your others are.

Darn! Can't afford to go across the world for a fish. I'm sure they will be real beauties as your others are.

Well!!!!!!!!!!!!! You'll never know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8bxur0x.gif

6o2hkrr.gif6p52cgo.gif6lv1bva.gif7yduw4j.gif7x8lpvb.gif6p52cgo.gif6lv1bva.gif7yduw4j.gif6p52cgo.gif7x8lpvb.gif6lv1bva.gif7yduw4j.gif

Perhaps if you gave those fish directions to your house, via waterways, of course, they could swim over.

Oliver

Perhaps if you gave those fish directions to your house, via waterways, of course, they could swim over.

Oliver

Better you lead the way.

Here is the video of the fries at 10 days old.

7x8lpvb.gif7x8lpvb.gif

Oliver

Better you lead the way.

Well, I would accept a few as a birthday present. My birthday is in March. *wink wink*

I don't think there are any direct waterways to my house unless they can find their way into Swartz Creek or McCully Lake, but they would have to get through the Great Lakes first.

Oliver

Better you lead the way.

Well, I would accept a few as a birthday present. My birthday is in March. *wink wink*

I don't think there are any direct waterways to my house unless they can find their way into Swartz Creek or McCully Lake, but they would have to get through the Great Lakes first.

You can have as much as you want but you must first find a way to deliver them.

Hope that this picture is clearer.

6tbkl7a.jpg

Here is an updated photo. Not much change in shape but I noticed their bodies getting deeper and grown bigger in size. Estimated at more that a thousand fries have been culled.

6xihmk7.jpg

This is the latest update.

6y4k9dv.jpg

wow! that's a lot of nice looking fry there! :D

Yah! Estimated at around two thousand. Have no idea what to do with them.

lol, do you have any good relations with fish breeders in your area? -perhaps they'd be interested in taking some of your fry to raise?

Here is an update of the fries.

8fjzqy8.jpg

6kpu41t.jpg

6xgu800.jpg

Edited by HNLim

my... they're starting to look like miniature ryukins with those deep bodies.

I'm curious to see how they turn out as adults...

my... they're starting to look like miniature ryukins with those deep bodies.

I'm curious to see how they turn out as adults...

Look at my avatar and you get an idea.

This is the latest update of my lousy self-bred orandas.

6nsgaj5.jpg

6nsgaj5.jpg

727636g.jpg

This is how they look like at 5 weeks old. 40 pieces left.

81rk2f5.jpg

This is how they look like from top view at 5 weeks old.

ooohh, they are developing nicely, and are soo cute! they will be lookers soon.

they're not lousy at all! i wish i can find quality like that in my area :rolleyes: any of your fries would be my dream oranda!

Edited by love-rabbit-fish

There soo pretty...

This is how they look at 7 weeks old.

8fubwo7.jpg

8bfu9mw.jpg

6tpvnd5.jpg

Unable to cull anymore fries so far since the last culling session.

awww, how cute :wub: wow, they are starting to get their colors and i can see the start of wens lol :D such round tummies