Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
GoinNuts

Ummm, You Guys Will Come To My Funeral, Right?

DH is so gonna want to kill me when he gets home. Not only did I get the little guy that stole my heart last night, I got TWO.

Whoops. "Honey, I swear, I have no idea how that second one got in the bag or why they charged me double. Must've been a sneaky employee and I was, umm, distracted by (I'll come up with something plausible here)!"

:D

Now I'm thinking I may need to replace my 20g with a 30g because I do NOT want to go max on stock. Yeah, DH is gonna love hearing THAT, lol.

Anyway, I just couldn't resist these little cuties:

I'm leaning towards the name Harpo for this one. No idea why, it's just the name that keeps popping into my head:

New Oranda, pic 1

New Oranda pic1b

Bonsai is what's on the table for this guy's name:

New Oranda pic 2

New Oranda pic 2b

I'm biased, I know, but aren't they the cutest things?! Very active with their fins up, so that's a good sign. There is ONE good, knowledgable employee at this pet store and she really didn't want to sell them to me as they just got them in last night and they hadn't been fed or medicated yet. Once she realized I knew about GF care, she almost seemed relieved to let me take them.

I have them setup in my 20g quarantine tank and will keep a close watch on them for a few weeks. After that, I'm not sure if I should put them both in my 135g (bring my stock to the limit of 13) or upgrade the 20g that my black moor is solo in to a 30g and keep one with the moor in that and put the other in the 135g.

See? This is where DH is gonna flip a lid. We just went through a hassle of a time reducing my tanks and here I go, on the path to upgrading and adding. Yoikes.

Anyway, thanks for letting me share my new Oranda babies!

Lisa

PS: Does anyone know why I can't post images into my post? I got an error msg that dynamic pages aren't allowed - what does that mean?

Those fish are TOO CUTE!!! I love the names, too. BTW, I can't put images in my post, either. Don't know why but I get the same error message.

Thanks Nickie and An! It's so funny to me because Orandas have always 'skeered' me. Their wens and the idea of having to trim them and worry about infections. I've just always steered clear of them. Refused to see the cute factor.

Then my blue and bronze fantail I got about a year ago morphed into a white Oranda and now I'm in love with them, lol. Last night, when I pointed out Harpo in the tank at the LFS to DH and said, "Isn't he the cutest thing?" his repsonse was 'the face' (you know which one I mean) followed by, "Uh, not really. His head looks weird." I told him it was SUPPOSED to look like that and that it's CUTE, not weird. :D

Lisa

if u want to post pics then u need to resize them to message board...

and copy the fourm link..

nice fish :D

who is dh?

Thanks Nickie and An! It's so funny to me because Orandas have always 'skeered' me. Their wens and the idea of having to trim them and worry about infections. I've just always steered clear of them. Refused to see the cute factor.

Then my blue and bronze fantail I got about a year ago morphed into a white Oranda and now I'm in love with them, lol. Last night, when I pointed out Harpo in the tank at the LFS to DH and said, "Isn't he the cutest thing?" his repsonse was 'the face' (you know which one I mean) followed by, "Uh, not really. His head looks weird." I told him it was SUPPOSED to look like that and that it's CUTE, not weird. :D

Lisa

That is exactly why I can't get a fish with a wen. I am so scared of the fact of maybe having to trim the wen! I just don't think I could do it, even though I think they are adorable!

If u want to post pics then u need to resize them to message board...

I resized and loaded them to Photobucket. That would normally work. I haven't been on much lately, especially since the board upgrade, so I guess things have changed? What do you mean by 'resize to message board' and 'forum link'? I reduced to below max of what used to be the acceptable file size and used the link in the post message edit bar, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps I need to go read some bulletin/FAQ posts. Maybe there's something there that will tell me how to do it so it works.

Oh, and DH stands for Dear/Darn Husband, depending on mood and what he has/hasn't done. :D

Lisa

If u want to post pics then u need to resize them to message board...

I resized and loaded them to Photobucket. That would normally work. I haven't been on much lately, especially since the board upgrade, so I guess things have changed? What do you mean by 'resize to message board' and 'forum link'? I reduced to below max of what used to be the acceptable file size and used the link in the post message edit bar, so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Perhaps I need to go read some bulletin/FAQ posts. Maybe there's something there that will tell me how to do it so it works.

Oh, and DH stands for Dear/Darn Husband, depending on mood and what he has/hasn't done. :D

Lisa

photobucket is wierd like that..if you look at my pics they work...sometimes

Edited by Fishcrazy

Really adorable fish, both of them!

About your photobucket/posting pictures issue, I see that there's some stuff after the .jpg ending (http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee133/GoinNuts_photos/Harpo2.jpg?t=1194460778). I think that's what's causing the "dynamic images" error message. So just try chopping off anything after the .jpg extension and it should work.

Edited by fiberoptickarrie

they're so adorable :heart !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS: Does anyone know why I can't post images into my post? I got an error msg that dynamic pages aren't allowed - what does that mean?

This is a security and vulnerability issue - as well as an updated files issue. I do not know the platform you are using; for XP there is a specific "fixit" and security file that is inclusive in the update windows section when you bring things up to date.

If your security settings, for the firewall, are to high, this will bring up that message; as well - if you are running Norton the programs nature to overtake and replace the windows firewall attributes have caused this issue. Microsoft programming departments have now classified Norton security as Adware - essentially placing that programming in the terrorist category.

Sometimes; by going into your firewall settings and adding the site to the approved list of sites, not requiring securityh authorization, will bypass the problem.

post-10480-1194471228_thumb.jpg

DH is so gonna want to kill me when he gets home. Not only did I get the little guy that stole my heart last night, I got TWO.

They are quite pretty. Is it OK to ask what you paid for each of them?

Oliver

They're beautiful! Are you going to have one of those everyone is dull and gloomy funerals, or one of those celebration of the person's life/party type thing for the remaining funerals?

Seriously though, they are beautiful little ones. I love their names too.

Wow they are adorable. I especially love the colors on Bonsai, and since I grow Bronsai, I like the name. :) My hubby has resigned himself to my hobby, LOL.... He loves the fish poop water for his roses. I guess he feels that if you can't beat em, join 'em. :) Get a bigger tank with an iron stand, and you'll have room for the smaller tank underneith.... Then get him to build you a pond in the spring. LOL

Thanks everyone! It's been a while since I've 1) been on board (home remodeling...ugh) and 2) since I've gotten a new gf. It's so nice to be able to share with others who 'get' the thrill that holds. :exactly

About your photobucket/posting pictures issue, I see that there's some stuff after the .jpg ending ( Harpo2.jpg?t=1194460778 ). I think that's what's causing the "dynamic images" error message. So just try chopping off anything after the .jpg extension and it should work.

Thanks so much for the tip, Fiberoptickkarrie, I'll give that a try!

This is a security and vulnerability issue - as well as an updated files issue. I do not know the platform you are using; for XP there is a specific "fixit" and security file that is inclusive in the update windows section when you bring things up to date.

If your security settings, for the firewall, are to high, this will bring up that message; as well - if you are running Norton the programs nature to overtake and replace the windows firewall attributes have caused this issue. Microsoft programming departments have now classified Norton security as Adware - essentially placing that programming in the terrorist category.

Sometimes; by going into your firewall settings and adding the site to the approved list of sites, not requiring securityh authorization, will bypass the problem.

Eric, my dh will know exactly what you are talking about there (he's a programmer/systems engineer) but I'm as clueless as a newborn. I'll show him what you've told me and I'm sure it will be of great help once he translates! Thank you for taking the time to share that info.

I am sure - as long as it was less than $6,000 dollars, they were worth every penny!!LOL
:rofl
They are quite pretty. Is it OK to ask what you paid for each of them?

Thank you, Oliver! Of course it's okay to ask. They were $6 each. I got them at one of those Big Chain Pet Stores, which is about the only option we have here. Fortunately, they've hired a person who KNOWS fish and she does her best to take care of them. The health and quality of the fish have greatly improved since she started working there. While she was hesitant to sell them to me so soon after their stressful trip, I'm happy that she did. I think they'd have been subjected to illness and more stress if left in that overstocked. centralized filter environment for long.

They seem to be acclimating well. I fed them a while ago and Harpo snarfed it up like mad. Bonsai is still being nervous and hiding beind the plants, but he finally came out and snagged a bite or two for hinself. I think he's going to be the shy one. :D

Lisa

Are you going to have one of those everyone is dull and gloomy funerals, or one of those celebration of the person's life/party type thing for the remaining funerals?

:rofl I have no idea what kind of funeral DH would have for me, but if *I* got to plan it, it would be a HUGE party. Everyone would need to take 2 days off work to recover, lol.

Lisa

what beautiful oranda's lisa i like the second one which was the one you wanted at first? :)

All you have to say is : What new fish? those fish have always been there. :D

""DH is so gonna want to kill me when he gets home. Not only did I get the little guy that stole my heart last night, I got TWO""

If you get KILT; Lovie wants to know if any of your handsome aquaDUDES are single and in the mood to make whoopy - seeing that you may be in the dog house for a while: Lovie is just playing the field in her youth LOL - Lovie is getting tired of the same old partner and needs to spice up her life a bit....

post-10480-1194513045_thumb.jpg

Hey Lisa! No funeral yet? :rofl I always say.. well hunny.. The guy was putting the fish in the bag and to my surprise this other one jumped right in the bag too!.. And then I top it with.. now, we cant live without a acrobatic fish can we? :rofl

Lovie is getting tired of the same old partner and needs to spice up her life a bit....
:rofl GoinNuts, they are too cute!!!! Can't wait to see them in their new home after QT.