Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trinket

Oliver Black's Fish

Wow. Your pond/pool is going to look great when spring comes. You sure have a lot of fry.

Wow that's a lot of fry! How do you keep those kind of numbers in check.

(Thank you Trinket for posting the picture for me. )

Beats me. I'm not up on GF birth control yet. That picture was taken sometime during the last week of October. There seems to be about a third more than I remembered, but they all seem about the same size, so they are probably out of one crop(??) Maybe some of them had been hiding further under the pool cover where I couldn't see them. In the larger picture, the bigger fish have pretty much eaten their fill, allowing most of the fry to come to the feeding area in mass. There were other fry out of the photo range.

I plan on doing some culling of survivors in the spring, if necesary. I really don't want all one style/color of GF in the pool, if I can help it.

BTW, someone had a formula for calculating gallons from pool dimensions. My pool, sort of a smoothed out amoeba shape, is about 40 feet long, an average of 15 feet wide and an average depth of close to 4 feet. I thought is was about 23000 gallons, but perhaps someone knows the conversion factors.

Oliver

do u have rosy reds minnows in there?

that alot of fish :D

I know that in the Spring you will be debating whether to take the cover off..if it were me, I'd be so tempted to at least see what it looks like under there! It's gotta be amazing!!! I hope you'll show us one day.

do u have rosy reds minnows in there?

that alot of fish :D

I don't know about rosy red minnows, but I do believe there is one minnow out there. My grandson picked it out this past July or August at vvvv, and it went into the pool. I do remember it had a very long Latin name.

Oliver

I know that in the Spring you will be debating whether to take the cover off..if it were me, I'd be so tempted to at least see what it looks like under there! It's gotta be amazing!!! I hope you'll show us one day.

I do intend to take off the cover as part of converting it into a pond in the spring.... actually, it is more of a pond now than a swimming pool. Let's compromise... it is ye old swimming hole.

Oliver

omgosh that is alot, I have an above ground swimming pool, 50,000 gal i think, my mom want o remove it, i'm trying to convinve her to let me convert it int oa koi pond hahah!