Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
magscat3161

Why Does She Do That?

IMG_0966_2.jpg

I've been having issues with Inari splashing me every time I open the lid of her tank. I tried standing back but now she waits till I'm "in range". And I promise a sniper doesn't have aim this good! Why is she doing this? Is there something wrong with her or is she just being cheeky? It's ridiculous that goldfish has me duckin and doggin!

IMG_0966_2.jpg

I've been having issues with Inari splashing me every time I open the lid of her tank.

Olivia, is your fish a Comet? Female? My big female Comet loves doing that also. She has slowed down a lot now that she has been placed in a larger tank. I think it is only a temporary thing though :blink: . Mine only does it on my arrival!!! Maybe I am scary.

Edited by aquamann

When I had Jaws in a smaller tank, he used to splash me all the time. He has stopped doing it as much now, but he will still get me if I have the top open and I don't drop his food RIGHT IN. If I hesitate for only a second or two, I get the splash! LOL!

Ace does that all the time when i feed him....cheeky little thing

I not only get splashed but spit at in unison.

God forbid I give them something different that they do not care for!!!!

I not only get splashed but spit at in unison.

God forbid I give them something different that they do not care for!!!!

lol Jasmine just slowly swims to the top kinda reminds me of that purple donkey off pooh ...lol i cant spell it :rofl she's slow like him :yeah:

No she's the oranda in the pic. I'm sure its a girl. She's such a little booger.

Oops, :blush: the photobucket pic was blocked at work and It just shows as a white area, I feel foolish.

That will teach me to do my job and not play on the net!! LOL :teehee

Lol No question is a stupid question! Don't feel foolish I wasn't thinking poorly of you for askin. I figured you probably couldn't see the pic.

Ya know - if he is not a jumper why not just keep the lid open - I do that with all my goldies - mine spit and splash - but they will not jump....

Thursten now determines when I am preparing food - I am confident he knows when I am grinding the food and mushing it vs. just getting something for me in the kitchen. He is a classic alpha....

post-10480-1194346836_thumb.jpg

oooo She would make pretty babies with Pumkin!!!

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x38/jew...JASPUMPKIN2.jpg

theres Pumpkin..

I love Pumpkin he's such a cuttie pie! Is he a confirmed boy? Maybe I should send her to you this spring so they can get some lovin! lol

Sure is :yeah: he's a bouncy boy! :bounce He's got breeding stars on his pects the edges look real rough plus I checked his vent.. :blush: oh, and he follows Jasmine around till the point she turns around and chasses him!

Do you notice that toooo- always - My females will put upwith quite a bit - and then - they snap and show the males who is queen of their tanks - happens ewvery time.... and the males sneak in pretending to peck at algae like whistling - pretending to be unaware - and it starts all over agaion. lol

There is a pearlscale here named Lovie that is just shouting for someone to make thurston jealous..... And would probably make the best handsome hollywood aquakids!!LOL