Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OldHag

My New Fish Room

Some of you might know that I have a tiny space in my basement that I call my fish room. Now that my daughter has moved out and has a family of her own, we decided to make her old room to my new fish room. So hubby has painted the whole room in blue/grey/white and now we have started furnishing. It's not time for fishies to move in yet, but soon... more pics will come...

The painting is ready!

Picture26867.jpg

There is a drain in the floor, the room has been a garage!

Moving in furniture! Desk and sewing machine!

Picture26868.jpg

The tanks will be in the other end of the room.

I haven't found any old pics of the room but it looked like a ordinary messy teenage room, and the walls were peach colored.

There will be goldfish pics in this thread, later! :D

Oh I wish I could have a fish room! Anette you are living every fishkeepers dream: a room with a drain in it!! I can't wait to see it when it is done. :D

Yes, this is going to be just perfect!

Here is a plan over the room.

FishRoom.jpg

And you can be sure I will use my laptop down there... :D

I can watch fish, check Kokos and be useful at the same time!

I will start by making curtains, wonder if I could find something fishy...

There are literally dozens of goldfish print cottons available from the calico fabric manufacturers....... I have made sooooo many quilts and kimonos and such from them. I am sure you should be able to find one that suits your new room. Try on-line. I could tell you places here in the States, but......

That room is beautiful. That is such a peaceful, serene color - and fish, sewing..... wow. That could not be a better retreat!

:druel

thats cool, my bedroom is our fishroom lol, I have 9 out of 10 tanks in my room :D

Anette,

It is simply gorgeous! How relaxing it will be to go in and watch the fish from your big chair, sew some, check KoKos...I would prolly never come out! LOL! All you need is a microwave and small frige! LOL!

Wow, I love that color on the walls. It's so cheerful. I used a sea colored blue-green on the walls of my fish room. It's very subtle. I painted the concrete floor a darker, teal blue and it's great. I love concrete paint! :) I can't wait to see it with your tanks in it!

What an exciting project! The room looks great, can't wait to see it with your fish tanks.

A room with a drain :9

I love the blue walls- and fish curtains would be awesome. Its a secret world there. So nice and so exciting to plan and create that :heart

wow a fish room.....how about a fish shower curtain as a blind?

Edited by Fishcrazy

What a fantastic project Anette! I bet you just can't wait to get the tanks and fish moved in now! I'm with the others - I room with a built-in drain in the floor - a fishkeepers dream indeed! :exactly

A little wall at the back has been put up, to hide stuff behind...

And one tank stand!

Picture26944.jpg

The other tank will stand against the new wall when it's been painted blue!

A pic from the inner corner.

Picture26945.jpg

That looks so clean and pleasant and relaxing....... I look forward to each of your picture updates! :)

oh wow what a cool project anette have fun :)

wow, that looks great Anette, I wish I had room to have a designated fish room... I just end up with tanks in every room! :rolleyes:

Can you also drain water out that door Anette? Where does that door lead? It's all coming together well - how many tanks will you have in there when you're set up? (too many questions :) )

The door goes out, yes I have my own entrance! There are stairs outside. There is another drain out there, and in the summer, also a water tap(garden hose). Perfect isn't it! I can take water from there at water changes! I will have 2 tanks, the big, new one, and the one I already have. If the fry grows too much, there are space to put in an extra tank, I have the tiny 54 liter too.

Anette, I just had to tell you : I love your halloween avatar! :D

Thanks! Yes I look good in green!

This is the only fishy material I have found! Not goldfish, and not the nicest fish I have seen but...

the color is perfect! This will be my fish room curtains!

Picture26953.jpg

Close up!

Picture26954.jpg

wow that is going to be so cool when it is done :D

Guest levey

Very nice. Seems like that room will be relaxation at it's best.

Hey the fish on the curtain could be a comet! I think it's nice. :D

Love the color and the curtains go so well with it. Well done! Can't wait to see the tanks set up. Lovely retreat.

Carli