Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
alistairw

Tetra Aqua

Anyone used bactozym ? was browsing the articles on practical fishkeeping and this was highly recommended. it is a capsule that you add to the filter if the filter is new or the filter media has been cleaned or after medication (that's when i used it).

This is it, right? :)

http://uk.tetra.de/tetra/go/3644F9F87E96C0...&lang_id=20

I think I've heard of it/ seen it around but I've never used it before personally. I've used a similar biological supplement - Nutrafin Cycle in the past. People have varying opinions about these type of biological supplements and there is always some debate as to how effective they are (particularly Nutrafin Cycle). I think they are handy to have on standby and may help to regenerate a biological filter damaged by medications.

Were you pleased with results when you used it?

I'll have a look for it anyway, but can you post the PFK article link Alistair? :)

In an issue of PFK a number of months back I remember one of the feature writers tested the SafeStart product. It didn't eliminate the cycling process by any means but it shortened it to a week if I remember correctly. I will have to try and dig it out. The product I always see them recommending is Waterlife Bactozym. As great as I think PFK is you do always have to remind yourself that they are in the pockets of these companies. If it doesn't specifically state 'PROMOTIONAL FEATURE' Much of their features and articles are sponsored by Tetra, Aquarian etc... and they heavily rely on these companies for advertising revenue.