Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mrbumblebee

Wendy, Wilma And Orinoco

Thanks Susan! :D

Some of my Pearlscales have names from the books/TV animation - "The Wombles" (of Wimbledon Common), Orinoco is one of main characters from that. Not sure of you guys in the US got the Wombles over there? It's from the late 70's/80's :D

OK, here are the Wombles!

http://www.wombles.easyweb-solutions.co.uk/pages/fmain.htm

Edited by mrbumblebee

I like the bubble photo. The pearlie looks like a big bubble in the little ones. :D It's cute! such nice healthy fish!

Cool pics Alan hope my pearlie grows be as cute and chubby as yours :)

Thanks Guys! :)

Frazer - Chubsey is looking great! He'll grow in no time under your care I'm sure :exactly

I saw the saddest thing today at an aquatics store I visited - there was this tiny half inch baby pearlie with a completely black/necrotized left gill cover :( At first I thought it was just coloured, but I could see it breaking off - poor little mite, I thought maybe it was caused by severe ammonia exposure/water quality during shipping? I told the staff he was in a bad way - I hope they euthanized him... he wasn't good at all :(

Edited by mrbumblebee

Thanks Callie - glad you like 'em! They're certainly a handful in more than one sense of the word! :rolleyes::D

Yeah, we always seem to have them in UK aquatics stores (absolutely everywhere I go does anyway), so I'm not surprised you've seen them in Blighty. Often they are of variable quality - but you can sometimes find very nice ones indeed of you look carefully.

No way! I have only ever seen Tiku pearlies once, and even then it was only one and I bought him :D

Oh Really? Well, I must be quite lucky then - I can think of at least half a dozen stores in my area where I can practically guarantee they'll have Tikus most of the year around. They're often very small ones though - larger ones are harder to fine. Maybe it's a regional importer preference type of thing? Where abouts in the UK are you? We always seem to have them in the westcountry.

Crown pearlscales are the ones I've had great difficulty getting hold of in the past :)

Edited by mrbumblebee

No I don't think we have the Wombles, and if we did ever get it I never saw it. I thought the fish was named after the Orinoco river :)

I named some of them after the wombles because of their snouty faces. I also had a Wellington too - but unfortunately I lost him :( Orinoco is a great name, it really seems to suit him :)

They're so cute! I usually don't like the looks of pearlscales so much, but these guys are changing my mind. :exactly