Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shamu23

Breeding Behaviour?

I have 2 medium sized calico orandas in a 29 gallon. The female (who is much fatter than the male) sometimes swims over to the male and nudge him in the side until he starts swimming after her and he chases the female, and they go in circles around each other. Then they'll stop and after a few minutes te whole thing starts over. This was 2 or 3 days ago, they sometimes chase each other on other days too, not very often though, cold this be breeding behaviour? I would love to have my first fishie fry, and I would try to breed them, but my mom has threatened me if I do.

uhh... i wouldnt be too sure about mating behavior. you should probably check the tank daily for little clear or white or whatever color circles around the tank. if they have little black dots in the center, they could very well be eggs.

bope, nothing on the tank, but the female is smaller than the male, but way fatter, she has been like that for awhile, these guys are best friends, its not agressive behaviour, thats for sure

yeah maybe, its adorable though whatever they're doing

same happened with my 2 fish! but my fishies were actually bumping into each other on purpose! you know why? i fed them, thats why! :rofl:rofl

lol, I wasnt feeding them though, maybe they were just being silly like usual

i guess so... goldfish are unpredictable. one minute they're begging at the surface or searching the gravel/tank floor for food, next thing they're running away from it!

the male oranda is one of the silliest little/big fishies i've ever seen, so cute!

no, thats the female, I did post a video in the photo section though :)

his name is Dusty :)

thanks warzone, he's such a silly little/big fishie, and he always begs for food, they all do :rolleyes:

yup, all fishies are cute and I love it how they do all those silly fishie things :rolleyes: