Sign in to follow this  
love goldfish

My Black Moore Ill

3 goldfish in 55 gallon tank

ammonia 0

nitrite 0

nitrate 5-10

weekly water changes

My black moore is sitting at bottom of tank with laboured breathing. Just finished about a week ago treating all for ich using quick cure. Did water change in between and after treatment. Today after getting back from store went to check on her and her breathing is more labored than i noticed before. I put 1 tbsp of salt for every 5 gallons in tank yesterday hoping this would help her. Her gills look fine no spots, wool, or anything I can see on her. She still is eating fine. Can swim if I go close to the tank or feeding time but other than that she is on the bottom.

I bought maracyn 2 but haven't put any in tank yet, bought it just in case.

The petstore employee, she is reliable, but you never know, she said that she is stressed from the ich meds and to keep an eye on her.

Should I do a water change and put some maracyn 2 in the tank, if so I will do that tomorrow

Fish are susceptible to secondary infections after getting ich, so it sounds like something bacterial going on inside.

I would go for something like medigold to feed her.

Good luck

I thought it was a secondary infection. She is not looking good at all so I took her out and filled my empty 20 galllon half way, put some salt and maracyn 2 in there. Looks like she has dropsy now, if so I don't know what will happen. Hope meds will help. I will try today or tomorrow to get some med food for her. She already ate a little before I transferred her.

here is a pic pf the fish that is sick. No it isn't one today, it was from last year. Don't know how to post pics with my new digital camera, hopefully soon. Here she is when she was all black but now she is partially orange with black on her. I have had her for five yrs with no problems with disease now she has had ich and now most likely dropsy. She is my favorite, hope she survives this, but I have read it is hard to cure and I have read of people curing the fish. So hope mine is successful. Any more advise of what to do is appreciated. When should I do a water change since she is not in a cycled tank, just with an airstone?

http://s44.photobucket.com/albums/f49/gold...t=676138241.jpg

Edited by love goldfish

Omg :o I got home from going to get some medication food for Jezebel and she is staying upside down in the tank. JShe is still alive. I don't think she is going to make it. I have had her for 5 yrs and I don't want to see her like this. I will try to give her the food I just bought and see if that helps. I am now depressed and upset. :cry1 . I will let yoiu know what happens, if there is any change. I will keep an eye on this post to see if there is anything else I can do for her.

Here is pics of her before and after color changing. I had taken pics of her 2 days ago since I just bought a new digital camera. Here are the pics in memory of my beautiful Jezebel, she will be missed.

pics didn't work from photobucket, go to my link and she is in the "In memory of" folder. She is in the first 4 pictures.

Edited by love goldfish

sorry for your loss love goldfish she looked like a great fish expecially with her colouring :rip:

Edited by rock4life

I will wait at least 2 weeks and then get another black moore, a larger one, because I love them so much. Will have to figure out name, it might take awhile.

Love Goldfish, I am so sorry that your fish didn't make it... :( Be proud of yourself though - 5 years is a nice age for a goldfish, most don't make it that long. Be assured that you gave him the best care possible.