Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pixiefish

More Poop Questions

PM'd you Pixie

I think I'd check all the parameters again in the morning and take it from there, if it doesn't feel right change it out then (do a larger what change than they suggest) and keep the tank salted. It's been in a few hours now, right? In the meantime, any way you can increase the aeration or water movement in the tank (medications tend to reduce oxygen levels) that may help. My understanding is that it's a pretty mild all-in-one treatment so doesn't usually casue problems :)

Praziquantinel is a very mild medication as meds go. The mild antibiotic included in PArastie Clear should not bother the fish. I have never had Prazi bother fish - even very small ones, but I have seen and heard of fish that have had some difficulties. These are the fish that are carrying such a load of gill flukes that they are down. As the Prazi kills the gill flukes the fish are a bit stunned. Remember - those flukes literally tear apart the gills - and even after the Prazi has worked, your fish may not feel good for weeks..... It takes time to regrow gill tissue.....

Good luck!

Well, how are things?

I think Pixies away on a break for up to a couple of weeks, last I heard the fish had greatly improved, she was going to do a large water change to change out the PC before she left and keep it salted to 0.3%. I think her husband and friend will be testing and changing the water while she's away and she might do a second dose of the PC when she gets back depending on how they're doing. I think I could be Pixies PA! :D