Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest FishHobbyist1564

My Goldfish Had Eggs!

Guest Fish Breeder!

ok! my goldfish had eggs, but now im not sure if they are fertilized, because they are a whitish color, but i saw milt clouding the tank, so they must be fertilized... i cant getr pics, but can someone show me a fertilized egg? Because mine have a whitish tint to them

If the eggs are white they are unfertilised. (http://www.kokosgoldfish.com/breeding.html) Clear eggs are the fertilised ones. Dont give up though.

Guest Fish Breeder!

thanks, but a picture wouold be great :) (one of a fertile eggs, and one of infertile eggs)

its hard to get pics, ill give it a try next time mine lay eggs, which should be this week again!if you do a search for goldfish eggs in images on google there might be some there. you should be able to see a dark spot in the clear eggs as this is the fry inside.

Edited by claire_uk

Guest Fish Breeder!

the eggs are definitely less white than they were when they first came out of her, so im guessing the change in color are from fertilization? I see that they are clearish, but have a white dot in them, i think this is the yolk (correct me if im wrong this is my first time spawning goldfish lol) Thanks claire_uk for helping me so far :) i really appreciate it.

its ok, i dont have much experience in the way of breeding, so if you do end up with fry im afriad i wont be much help to you. I have had many batches of eggs, mainly fertilised, but i dont have the time, space and money at present to be able to rear any of the fry. If you have any eggs that are not fertilised and are becoming very white, then you will need to remove them as they wil begin to develop fungus and will decay and mess with your water quailty, which i found.

by tomorrow you should def know if they are fertilised as you should be able to start seeing the fry inside properly, two tiny little eyes, tiny black body. its hard to describe what they look like, but you will know if they are fry.

Guest Fish Breeder!

yup theyre all dead... :( I got soo excited for the babies too

keep trying, im sure once they are in the right mood they will breed. conditions have to be right for them or else they wont do anything. sometimes they will surprise you when you least expect it and you will have 100's of live eggs.

good luck. what do you feed your fish?? just curious.

Guest Fish Breeder!

my goldfish eat flake food (i make sure they are nutritious :) ) and i'll give them brine shrimp once in a while. I also keep some romaine lettuce in the tank sometimes. They all seem pretty happy since i've had them for over a year and they are HUGE now lol. I make sure they all have nice full bellies :D ... but not too full because i dont want them to have pains!

Edited by Fish Breeder!

flake food is good as it contains stuff that they need, i try to add variety and feed froozen bloodworm, gel based brine shrimp and daphnia, pellets and occasionally peas. do you pre soak your flake food first??

in a few days they will be chasing each other again and you will notice the girls getting 'rounder' from eggs.

you could try feeding froozen bloodworm a couple of times per week, from my experience it has helped.