Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Trinket

Biggles The Monster Fry Moved House

One of my mixed bag of fry turned out to be twice the size of the other fry. I should have realised he could fit a smaller fry in his mouth but it didn't occur to me :o I had to put the 1 month babies in with the 2 month babies for a matter of 30 minutes while I set up their new tank (leak in the old)...and when I looked around..Biggles was chasing a fry- whizzing around the tank so fast I thought there were parasites or something :o Then I realized he was chasing a baby sibling and worse- a quick head count showed he had already eaten 4 of them!!!!! :madrant

I can't believe this! It's my fault of course .... I know. :badidea ..but aaargh that Biggles!

If he can eat a fry he can fit adult fish size pellets in so he's gone in the 55 with the 3 muskateers and Honeypot. He looks so teeny weeny in there and is hiding a bit. Poor thing, punished! These are his parent fishthough- they are very gentle, slow fish and are ignoring him. He is also too big for them to eat ...what a shock that all was :rip: little 4 and I am so sorry :cry1 .

Oh, I'm sorry bout that Imo, but that's life... I'm glad Biggles has moved. But where are the pics? :D

Here's a few. :D

Here he is in the 55.

P1010286-1.jpg

P1010287.jpg

And here's aclose up top view.

P1010329.jpg

I couldn't resist........

Biggles The Monster Fry

By Rachel (a.k.a. Dickey's Assistant)

Here's the story of Biggles the Monster Fry

Who ate all his brothers in the wink of an eye

The second that Trinket turned her back

The fry named Biggles went on the attack

Around and around the tank he sped

while the smaller fry befor him fled

The peaceful tank was a scene of disaster

The fry were fast but Biggles was faster

One he caught just by surprise

He never saw that look in his eyes

One who thought that he could hide

Soon saw Biggles from the inside

One who thought he couldn't be beaten

Soon found out he could be eaten

One who was proud of how well he could swim

Discovered that Biggles was better than him.

It was a lop-sided race with Biggles the winner

As one by one they became his dinner

But Biggles didn't get away clean

His movement was noticed, his deeds were seen

Trinket could see there was trouble brewing

Thats when she found out what Biggles was doing

The fry who survived have Trinket to thank

For taking the monster out of the tank

The water settled as time went by

And peace returned to the terrorized fry

Now all mother fish teach their babies this lesson:

They should learn to swim fast or Biggles will get em'

Biggles swims elsewhere, doing his time

Till the fry all grow up and he's paid for his crime

that is a nice poem dickey's assistant :D

it's is really good :bingo:

i am so sorry on the 4 fry Trinket :rip:

Edited by fishcrazy

:o Oh no! I'm soooo sorry Imogen, poor fry :( Naughty Biggles! :mad: Thank goodness you noticed what he was up too. Hope he settles into his new home OK.

Rachel - great poem! :D

Arrrgh, thats aweful Imogen!! Maybe thats what happened to some of my fry. :hmm He looks so cute in the big tank now, so tiny! :heart

Rachel, that poem cracked me up, good one! :rofl

Thanks guys. Biggles is in reform school in the big tank. Still keeping alow profile...we'll see how it works out ;)

Rachel, your poem is BRILLIANT!!!!! Wow I have to print it out and pin it somewhere. Really, really funny.

thanks!!! :D:heart And you got Biggles personality perfectly :rofl I can see it set to animation with the kokos orchestra in the background. So clever.

Sorry about Biggles eating some siblings, I have been worried a few of mine will do the same, although I lost my biggest fry last night :-(

And Rachel...the poem is AWESOME! Definitely pin-worthy!

Thanks everyone! It kinda wrote itself. I loved the title of the post and that was what gave me the idea, it sounded like the title to a ballad. and Biggles sounded like a good name for a villian. :D I giggled all the way through it!

I must say I was a little hesitant to post it because I thought the subject of the loss of the fry might have been a little sensitive..Thank you all for having a sense of humor (I was getting ready for the slings and arrows)

I think Biggles is going to be a legend! :D

feel free to copy it, paste it, print it, whatever. just be sure to give me credit if you post it somewhere else.

thanks again, that was such fun!! :D

Of course I'd credit you if I used it hun. I am sensitive to copywriting as I do some writing work myself.

It is really sweet and funny that pome. Especially brilliant I thought was this part:

One he caught just by surprise

He never saw that look in his eyes

One who thought that he could hide

Soon saw Biggles from the inside

One who thought he couldn't be beaten

Soon found out he could be eaten

One who was proud of how well he could swim

Discovered that Biggles was better than him.

I have to update here and say that Biggles has been forgiven and removed

from the big tank where he sulked in a corner for quite some time and was not

getting his share of the grub -----sooooo---he has gone back in with his siblings.

Its okay, these are not the tiny new fry that he ate, these are the medium sized

batch and he couldn't possible eat any of these as they are half or 3/4 his size.

He seems happier although I have to share this pic of him mulling over his

recent crime with his molly at his side. Just look at that hard done by face!

P1010440.jpg

awwwwww.he looks like he is soo sad and molly looks like she is pleading his case..lol :rofl

dickey's_assistant

that was excellent..I like to write too...been away to long..thank you for inspiring me to get my butt back to it

Well, anyway, he is a cute fish, whatever he has done. I know about this, I have had fry myself.

Oh! He is hard core alright! Watch out Molly! :D He is up to no good :o

:bingo: too right :D

Don't punish the poor guy, Imogen - he only did what is natural in nature.... :D Of course, don't tell Biggles that, he might just use it as an excuse next time he sees his siblings swimming by, and he feels like a little snack.

Actually, a whole fry batch disappeared the exact same way years ago - stupid me thought that I could put a younger batch of fry with a group that was just 3 weeks older. Well, big mistake, and lesson learned - an hour later, none of the younger fry were still around... :rolleyes:

Sorry the 4 little ones were dinner, but a cute rhyme was born.

:D

It was a cute rhyme. And Andrea, it's so amazing that they can fit the smaller fry in their mouths when we are still feeding tiny baby brine shrimp :rofl -sorry you lost a whole batch though :( ! And for the record Biggles is doing fine back with the bigger fry and hasn't had any more 'episodes'- I'm growing quite fond of him....I think.

biggles is an absolutely cute fishy :heart

Its actually funny - that same phenomen I can watch with our koi fry, and they are within the same batch!

The bigger ones will chase after the smaller ones, and usually grab them on their tails. The little ones wiggle until they get tired, and thats when the bigger ones just gobble them up, tail first. No love among siblings, no chance!

Good to hear that Biggles is behaving himself now - he made himself quite a name! :rofl3

I couldn't resist........

Biggles The Monster Fry

By Rachel (a.k.a. Dickey's Assistant)

That is too cool. :D Great job!

:) That Biggles is something else Imo-He looks great in that big tank,but now he's the little guy. :rofl I too found out the hard way.Remember how Hannibal got his name?it was because I caught him eating all the smaller siblings. :ignore Andrea's right though,that's just how nature keeps things all in tact of course.

I haven't been on too much lately,I can't wait to see an update of all your babies. :exactly

Awww thanx Devs - I've missed you! :hug Noticed you'd been away and just presumed it was that crazy work schedule you sometimes have. Hey talking of Hannibal I'd like some updates on your gang when you get time too :D Oh and my gangster Biggles and your Hannibal would make great tank mates -lots to talk about :rofl !!!

Yep,it's that crazy work week of mine.When I do finally get off of it,I've just been too tired to be here for very long,but hopefully,something gives soon and all will be back to normal.I have managed to screw up something on my computer(I think I added a new program) that has made my camera quit working,so hopefully I'll get that straightened out soon and get some updates of Hannibal.For a while he was getting really dark brown,but all of a sudden ,he seems to be losing his choco color-although he's not the same orange color as Cricket is. :idont He's still bad though.He's in a tank with a Lionhead named Rocco,who has one little pom pom growing.Every time that I look at Rocco,his pom pom has looked red and sore,and now I know why.Apparently Hannibal has thought it to be food as I busted him trying to take a bite. :yikes:thud

Good grief I hope Rocco didn't ever have two pompoms :blink::D - I suppose the wens and poms do look like a bowl of something nice to eat from some of these fishies pov! daryl was saying there is one hog fry in alll fry batches - Well you have one and I have one- Biggles is now eating the clumps of algae on the log, tearing at it voraciously as though he hasn't been fed for weeks :rolleyes: I think he's hinting at something...all of 2 hours since the last feed.