Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jen626

New Fry Pics...a Month Old Now!

The fry are now a month old and I still have about 30 of them! My fish spawned again this morning, but since we just moved there are boxes in front of part of the tank and I barely noticed until I saw how cloudy the water was, lol! Bleh, i just changed their water too of course, which probably brought on the spawn, but now I must change it again. Such is life with fish.

But here are some more crappy cell phone pictures-I tried to borrow my ex's camera but he had already loaned it to someone else, darn it! I would love to get some nice closeups since I think my fry look different than most we see pics of on here, probably because they are common/comet fry and not fancies. They are more steamlined and longer rather than fat. :D

Also, the water is not as cruddy as it looks in the pics, the water itself is clear but there is the neverending fluff onthe bottom of course, plus these were taken at feeding time.

The feeding corner

0618070957.jpg

0618070939b.jpg

0618070939.jpg

One of the big ones

0618070939a.jpg

Edited by jen626

congrats on the fry. they are sure growing :D

hope they continue to grow :bingo:

You are doing so well - a move and all - and those little guys look healthy and happy.

:D

:bounce

I love fry photos....

:D

They look fantastic!! Congrats Jen! :D

Wow! You have so many Jen and they are looking just great :heart:exactly

You lucky thing!! Good Job! I proclaim myself their Goldie Auntie!!!!! :D

Guest dani

thats alot of fry!! i cant wait to see what they look like grown :):D

Thanks everyone, and Jeana, of course you are Auntie!

It does look like there are more than there really are though because the bottom of the tank reflects...there are probably 20-25 in those pics where they are all in the corner. :-)

Oh tiny weeny babies! Cute! :D:heart

Thanks Anette! I do think they are kind of small compared to others I have seen pictures of here, but as long as they are healthy I guess that is what really matters.

I am starting to see some orange (red) color on some of them, but not on others. I am hoping it is because some of them will be red and some will be white! The two possible mothers are white and the two possible dads are red.

Now that they are bigger I can see a few deformities I had not noticed before. One of them has a growth like thing where its pectoral fin should be, but still seems to get around ok, albeit he looks a little strange swimming. I will monitor him and see what happens, if he seems to struggle I will probably have to cull him. There is another one with a deformed mouth too, but seems to be eating just fine, so I will watch and wait with that one too. I know that the bigger they get, the more attached I will be.

Also, the people I babysit for said they would like to have two of them once they are old enough. I have already explained some of the hard work that goes into having godfish, and I think they are willing to do it, so that would be really cool. I will probably keep one or two of the babies myself, but the rest of them I am not sure what I will do with, I still have a long way to go though before I know how many will make it to adulthood anyway.

Sorry for the long ramble...too much caffeine!

Edited by jen626

wow Jen fry!! Congratulations :) So how many fish do you have now!?

My four giants (the parents), 2 telescopes, a betta and about 30 fry! So about 37 I guess? LOL, remember when I came here I had one fantail in a 2 gallon, who sady died. Then I met Joanna here at Koko's and adopted her four fish. And then the obsession began! :krazy:

Thank goodness I only took out a few of the eggs, there were like 1000, but I had decided to let the parents eat the eggs, then at the last minute I pulled the filter intake screen off and put it in a bowl of tank water, and BINGO I got about 50 fry, with about 30 left now, after a bit of culling and a few that died. The parents have spawned two or three more times since then, but I just let nature take its course...I am out of space!

How are you Lucy? :)

Edited by jen626

I'm good thanks :) Just finishing college, so yay!

Are you going to keep most of the fry? Good excuse to build a pond I say ;)

Congrats on finishing up college!

I wish I could have a pond, but we are still in an apartment and I want a BIG pond for my big fish. We are going to try and buy a house next year though, so a pond will be a huge priority!

I will probably keep two of the babies, and two will hopefully go to the people I babysit for. The rest...not sure yet. My fiance has said NO MORE TANKS, but you know, I only have four! We will see what i can get away with, then hopefully he will get attached too! heehee

Hehe, let him name a few, then he will want to keep those!

Those are cute fry, Jen - and I just am jealous when I see fry in a tank. At least you can watch them grow and all, and see them all day. Mine are in a black rubbermaid tub, and for weeks I hardly could see them. Even now, I only see them from the top, and most of them are black.

But I refused to put them in a tank, since they do so well out in the pond.

Good luck with them, and keep up the pictures. Hopefully the camera will be back soon. :)

I wish I had a pond to put them in, since they would be better off! But it is fun to watch them every day, and see how they change. I can finally see my telescopes again since cleaning the algae off the tank when we moved, I hadn't realized how much black my calico lost until now! So I know what it is kike not to be able to see your fish too. I just looked at your thread Andrea, the koi fry are amazing and the oranda ones are gorgeous!