Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IloveSpaceboy

I Caved, Here's A New Fish...

I went to look at the local fish and there were only 4 there. I stopped and looked and thought they were cute but nothing special. Then I went to a movie and I couldn't get this one little one out of my head. I go back and a little 5 year old is asking his mom for him. She's apprehensive so I claimed him while she debated.

I walked home (4 miles) with him and we had a good bit of bonding time. I was going to avoid naming him until I got home and could give him a japanese name, but for some reason I started calling him Frankie. So, here's Frankie.

He was labelled as a Ryukin, but I think he's a fantail, what do you guys think? Sorry about the less than perfect quality.

This is me and my colors

100_3455.jpg

My colors are a bit muted when the flash is on

100_3534.jpg

Here's my side

100_3465.jpg

And a bit of a pose...

100_3516.jpg

I have a pretty tail too!

100_3530.jpg

Did you really just take that picture?

100_3441.jpg

Tail babies...Frankie and Mars

100_3506.jpg

What a pretty fish! He's a fantail but a very nice one!

Congratulations! Glad to know I'm not the only one with little to no will-power! :rolleyes::D Frankie is a very pretty fantail, lovely colours :heart

Mars and frankie look like twins :D

what a nice find :bingo:

So, how did the 5 year old take it when you bought his fishie?

MEANIE! lol!!!! I bet the mom breathed a sigh of relief under her breath!

how adorable! :heart looks a nice healthy calico fantail :exactly

Guest dani

those fish look GREAT together!! they have such beautiful tails

wow frankie and mars match :D:bingo:

So, how did the 5 year old take it when you bought his fishie?

MEANIE! lol!!!! I bet the mom breathed a sigh of relief under her breath!

Well, the five year old was looking at hamsters when I made the move. I remember hearing the mom say, 'honey I guess someone else bought him.' then reluctantly 'do you want another fish?'...The little kid threw a tantrum and starting screaming how he wanted that exact fish. Teehee, I don't feel bad about this at all. So, in a way, Frankie was a premonition rescue. (I'm trying to justify this, I really am.)

Frankie just adds that 'something' that was missing from the tank...I don't know if anyone knows what I mean by that. I have a white, a black, a chocolate, an orange, and a calico with red (a blend of the others). He just... fits. I hope he grows up like Mars. He's so much fuller and longer tailed than Mars was at his size.

OMG, that was ADORABLE!! Mars is so the king of the tank. They were over in the right corner begging for food. Mars suddenly swims quickly to the left and everyone follows right in line! It was so cute. Now they're all on the left.

I am still trying to figure out why I named him Frankie.

Edit to add: They are all back on the right, *giggles*

Edited by IloveSpaceboy

Frankie is a beautiful little fish! :heart

:) Congrats on finding Frankie.He's very sweet looking,and I love his coloring.Nothing wrong with being a Fantail,as I love them too. :D Good luck with him. :)

Frankie is ravishing and I love that you have them near the puter and can add the running commentary :lol: also looks like your newboy has a lot of that desirable blue white going there..very showy :heart

:lol

:lol

well looks like Mars is the leader but not for long

Frankie is ravishing and I love that you have them near the puter and can add the running commentary :lol: also looks like your newboy has a lot of that desirable blue white going there..very showy :heart

I was wondering how to describe that color, thank you. It's almost like a darkish grey, but more blue tinted. I recently moved them. They were on the dining room table, since I never use it, but it was too hard to do water changes so I moved them by the window (hence the new pics, in another thread, I need to stop).

Devs, I agree, there's nothing wrong with him being a fantail. I've seen what a gawky little Mars has grown into (and continues to grow into) and I'm beyond content with how he's turned out. I hope Frankie keeps his colors. He has no officially stolen my heart, the little brat.

Frankie is beautiful!!! :heart My fave pic has got to be the one where he is posing...it's perfect!

Frankie is a poser! But then all your fish are :D nice catch!