Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest dani

2 New Ryunkins I Have Some Questions.

Guest dani

000_4671.jpg

000_4672.jpg

hello everyone i got my two first ryunkinsat the pet store today!!!!!! i love them! im almost positive that the white one is a female and the white/red one is a male.they are in my outdoor 55 gal pond,is that okay? i only have 1 real plant and a bunch of fake ones, until i get more $$.they are about 3 or 3 1/2 inches from head to tail,is that large enough to breed? i added some ice cubes cuz its hot in north west indiana.

How hot is the pond hun, remember they can take quite a bit of heat, and heat to a cooling trend will make them breed, well cold to hot will do it..but whats your temp?

Guest dani

hang on ill go put a thermometer in there and ill get right back here. :D:D thanks so muck for replying :newfish:newfish

Guest dani

its 83 in there i know thats hot, but i did all i can do for today.........and the fish look fine as well, are they big enough to breed do you think? or should i get 1 more fish? thanks again

Its hot but im sure your area cools down at night. I have had goldfish all the way to the 83F mark when they were sick, and never had a problem. Just make sure they have cover, when it gets hot they will go to the covered area to keep cool. Personally if there in a pond outside, dont try to adjust there temp cause it will cause cold spots and stress them out.

When i had a popup pond outside, i would have duckweed or lilly pads so they had cover from the heat. I also did water changes either early in the morning or late at night when i know that the temp of the water wouldnt bother them as much.

As for the breeding, I think i would let them do there thing, honestly I don't think they will do it this year, but you never know. My 1 1/2 year old did, but i didn't save her eggs knowing that shes just to young to have babies and most of them wouldn't make it or they would be deformed. Shes about 4-5" long right now. But since these fish are from a LFS you don't know really how old they are. So in my :twocents I would let them do what they do and not worry to much.

Hope this helps :D

Guest dani

ir sure did, now i get it, i cant rush nature.