Kokos Goldfish Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KelzosWifey

Cories

A bit blurry, but i'm shooting in less than ideal conditions with an old cam...

I'll be getting a new digital cam before the baby arrives so that's cool.

:heart I love these little guys! :heart

034.jpg

045.jpg

012-2.jpg

and... my furbaby Sadie -- she looks a bit drunk in this piccie I had to share :ignore

003-1.jpg

Oh, and can anyone ID these cory sub-types plz? I have no clue. I did try to ID based on pics online with no luck :(

You have a bronze cory and a peppered cory - I don't know their latin names.

Cories have such character, do you find your peppered to be kind of shy?

I have 2 peppers and they act the same as my others--just go around minding their own business looking for food. Cories really seem to be oblivious most the time. I guess they are just so focused on their job! :P However, they are quite reactive when something gets in their face--amazing how fast they can swim.

the peppers are very cool looking. what i have noticed in my tanks is that the bronze cories seem to be anti social, while the false julies seem to be very social

Hmmn, maybe it's the individual fish that is shy and not peppers in particular. :hummm My bronze and albino cory were so in my face all the time, they were anything but shy. lol But as I have only had one of each variety of cory I guess that is not enough experience to make generalisations about their behaviour. lol

the look nice

i like the colors

looks like they all get along :D:bingo:

the striped one is by far more social, but then again, he is older and has lived with larger and faster fish for the past 3 yrs - One year with guppies and two with goldies. The bronzed one is more shy, but has a tight bond to the striped one. When I walk into the tank room, o will ofentimes find them side by side just hanging out together. It's sweet!

It's funny b/c the striped one will swim up and down the tank when he thinks i'm not looking, lol. He's pretty fast!

They are so cute! I want those! But they are tiny aren't they, I would be afraid my big goldie would eat them.

these ones are not too tiny -- at 3 yrs old the larget is probably like 2 inches long. In the pet store you will frequently see babies for sale (under an inch) -- those I would not put in with larger GF. Devs once has to pull a cory out of a Goldies mouth!

Devs once has to pull a cory out of a Goldies mouth!

:( Yes that is what I fear, I have one very big fish, Angus!

Ack! I imagine that the Cory wouldn't go down smooth because of the barbels... That would hurt a fish like Angus! My GF Daisuke is probably around 2.5 inches long so they get on well - not even any agression.

wow those cories look so healthy

and yor dog looks great :D

Thanks! I really enjoy them.

My dog is spoiled rotten... wait till the hooman babe comes in August, she's got quite a shock in store for her! XD

My husband just had her at the dog P-A-R-K this afternoon and she went for a swim - so that's cool. (Usually she's terrified of water and will only go in to her chest.)

ur fishies r cute, i especially like the goldfish :D ur doggie is cute too

Love the cories! They are such cute little guys. :heart Your dog is gorgeous too! I cant wait to have one! :D